PDA

View Full Version : Ultra L.E.D. swap

Master Dru-Er
05-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Im looking for an easy way to swap L.E.D.'s in my Ultra Fx some of you know i got a terrible bin would like to upgrade to blue. Haven't opened Ultra due to warranty which runs out in a lil over 80 days. Since i didnt do the conversion i didnt get the CD they mail out to do it so i need you guys. Would like to keep it simple do not mind having an extra L.E.D./ heatsink combo for easy swappage. I have read this thread but not Ultra specific http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=326.

eastern57
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
"Easy?" as in "convenient" or "uncomplicated"? either way, to change it out, you'd have to go through the process...

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=1

Master Dru-Er
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
so i guess my main question would be the heatsinks and L.E.D.'s available here are what everyone use? i was under the assumption there were different types (ie: sizes of heatsinks and that they are not interchangeable) but so long as everything here can be used that explains alot more for me.
Am i on the right track?
And not so much easy or convenient i just dont want to be over thinking this I simply want a Blue saber now.

Ghostbat
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
The Ultra heatsink is pretty radically different from the TCSS heatsink (at least the ones I have and have seen), mainly I think it's because they are meant to go in hilts that themselves are not as good a heatsink as the MHS ones are. However it's very easy to get into the ultra heatsink if you wanted to replace the LED, the process is mightily self evident once you have the sink out and in your hand, you unscrew the back and bob's your uncle!

It's a far cry from being able to easily switch back and forth at whim or anything, but as far as upgrading the LED it's about as easy as you are likely to get.

Getting the heatsink out in the first place on the other hand... well in my Annakin hilt it means a pretty near complete dissasembly, sorry there!

Master Dru-Er
05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Excellent information this is what ive been looking for. Just trying to swap color to blue from green, no luxV or K2, or royal blue just that blue blue. I do plan to build an mhs hilt and didnt know if parts were compatible(figured they were'nt didnt know where to find the right parts to complete what i wanted to do). I had also read the disassembly before and am just waiting to take it apart but no use in that without having the necessary parts and paint (a lil touch up on the vader). I guess my last question is the lux 3 stars sold here are they compatible with this heatsink? I assume they are just would like clarification. (I apologize im pretty much having you guys do this but i think this is some pretty specific info and i havent been able to find this yet on my own)

Darth Morbius
05-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Okay, if you are who I think you are, we have discussed this.

Swapping out an LED in an ULTRA VADER is easy...