PDA

View Full Version : SW-616 (Construction set)...(price cut)

xl97
05-16-2008, 10:00 AM
is now at your LOCAL Radio Shack for a little over $30 bucks now..

checked on-line.. was $34.97 ..called RatShack two blocks away and picked one up. :)

Just an FYI that they went down in price.. (AFAIK)

Kasri Deodene
05-16-2008, 11:52 AM
About the only place i can find them over here is on Play.com

They've just put the price back up aswell :(

now £49.99, which converts to over $100.00 :cry:

Drichar Deis
05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
D@mn that big pond inbetween us and all those bargins!

B5813
05-16-2008, 01:29 PM
In store stock only... is it just me or do the parts offered in this set seem to produce some ugly hilts?

Kasri Deodene
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Not the prettiest, but they are nice cheap soundcards.

xl97
05-16-2008, 01:36 PM
yes.. I was posting for people to get a cheap sound card alternative. Most of the post I have read people who use the 616 sound boards have liked them..both Hero & Sith sounds..

I have also seen several pommels used.. so any parts may just be "extra" bonus..

DarthFender
05-17-2008, 06:53 PM
If you sand the main inner aluminum tube, it'll fit right smartly inside a 1.5 sinktube. (22 guage) Then you can dress it up like any other hardware saber. Best part there is that you already have a chassis for the electronics.

xl97
05-17-2008, 06:58 PM
If thats true.. than you could keep the latchign switch.. switch plate & RGB LED in it.. :)

sorta liek that MAUL SABER I just saw posted.. have the switch & switch plate form that I believe.

DarthFender
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not familiar with that one, XL.

xl97
05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
this one:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4878

uses the LED, board & switches..

LAN-ED-TUL
05-17-2008, 11:25 PM
just checked real quickly and seveal RS stores in tulsa have them in stock, and at 35 bucks.

i gotta grab one just for future hilt builds.

xl97
05-17-2008, 11:30 PM
This was actually my FISRT 'Joe Jedi kit' (Construction Set)...

and to be honest.. Im not that impressed..LOL

1.) glad I'll be able to grab the sound card from it
2.) being able to change the colors was 'cool'.. my son likes it as well.. :)
3.) I am actually liking the sound better than the Hasbro Qui-Gon I had been accustomed too.. (although the 'swing' sensor seems... 'off' or something) clash works fine it seems.

the 'parts' seem to be junk to me.. 'if' you could use the pommels somehow (without just glueing them onto something)... and maybe the emmiters... that would be a bonus?

strengthofrage
05-18-2008, 04:21 AM
I have used 2 of these sound cards, IMO they beat Hasbro hands down. The other parts seem useless but if you are a novice saber smith like myself the sound is nice. I have yet to use my new CF so at this point the 616 sound card is the best I've used.

Kant Lavar
05-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Whoa whoa whoa. That Joe Jedi saberstaff uses the kit's LEDs? I didn't think they were that bright...

I may have to pick one of these up for my next build, then.

Kasri Deodene
05-18-2008, 05:42 AM
Whoa whoa whoa. That Joe Jedi saberstaff uses the kit's LEDs? I didn't think they were that bright...

I may have to pick one of these up for my next build, then.

Yep all the internals are the "Joe Jedi" saber.

Used the plastic casing inside the aluminuim sleeve. With Tim's brilliant machining the switch holes were near on perfect, and the PC'd section being the same depth as the standard hilt grooves makes the switch cover flush.

Let me know if you want any other pics and i'll see what i can do.

xl97
05-18-2008, 06:58 AM
pics are ALWAYS welcomed.. :)

also.. I have found a few uses for the other parts.. one I am SOOOO happy about.. it couldnt have been a better suprise..

I'll post more pics as it bocomes done over the week(s).. happens to work/fit perfectly with a part I bought from Tim.. that I was having trouble finding a way to mountit.

WOOT!

valeon
05-18-2008, 03:28 PM
I saw your thread and immediately went to the shack and picked up the 3 they had in stock, one had the latching switch broken upon opening, but I dont mind, prolly use that one in another saber. As for the other two, I'll probably keep one stock, and one to do Grayven's multi color conversion.
Definately a cheap pickup!

xl97
05-18-2008, 03:31 PM
you could put 1 on eBay.. and re-coop the loot you spent.. I see those things going for $75+ on ebay!..

if you have extra clamp/activator boxes (yes the ugly plastic ones witht eh fake plactic lever) LOL..

Id be interested in getting black/silver or both! ;)

I might go crusing the otehr radio shack is anyone is interested.. you pay for shipping too..

Draconis Magnus
05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
xl97, thanks so much for posting this, I wouldn't have known about it. I went to my locale Radio Shack and bought 2 of them for 70 bucks! Best deal! The parts are definitely worth the price cut price now. The sound is great too! One person said the motion detection is off, but that's fine. Should of saw the face of my son when I ignited it for the first time.. he was use to the plastic hasbro ones. :)

xl97
05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
hey guys... I guess I have found a RatShack that will order as many as I want @ 35 a pop.. according to them.. they can get upwards of 3000!!

so if anybody wants me to order one for them when I do mine.. let me know..