PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro, fx sabers, and you.

DACOTA
05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Right from the horses mouth folks. I doubt anyone cares about this but in case you do here you go. Hopefully this wasnt already posted, if it was, sorry.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=E8B0E715-D56F-E112-47F31195E5CAE91B

Drichar Deis
05-16-2008, 01:27 PM
er?.......Am I missing something?

The link just comes up with the Hasbro Star Wars home page.

B5813
05-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I think the point is that Hasbro will be taking over where Master Replicas left off with SW light sabers.

Darth_Razor
05-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Good news to me...need another maul saber that's unblemished. I dropped mine in the street and caused some minor hilt damage.It's hardly noticeable now after i took the dremel to it,but just NEED a new one.

Nightwing
05-17-2008, 09:07 AM
It's kinda annoying, really. The FX line has pretty much stopped increasing in quality ever since the sabers went into mass-production around the release of ROTS. If they can make the blades brighter I'll be all for it, but otherwise I'm still cautious.

Zero Unit
05-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Is it just me, or do those two look a little stubbier in the hilt than the original Master Replica versions?

xwingband
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
The FX line has pretty much stopped increasing in quality ever since the sabers went into mass-production around the release of ROTS.

REALLY?!?!

It wasn't until they released those sabers that they were even decent. The firsts were huge and the electronics were buggy.

While the release is new the news is old. Hasbro's going to rehash the MR sabers. Big deal...

DarthFender
05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Rehash or redesign? I wouls think that MR cannot make money off starwars since they dont have the license anymore. Also I would think that hasbro would have to pay a steep price for any old MR Design for electronics. Cause that's all I'm really interested in is the sound board. Perhaps hasbro will release Luxeon style versions of these sabers. Like the Joe Jedi. who knows. I will reserve my comments positive or negative until I have more information. But what ever hasbro puts out it will never bee as cool as my custom. Unless it can cut steel.