PDA

View Full Version : conversion kits

GusKenobi
05-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey so i had an idea for myself and for all the other novices out there
If there was a place where you can see all the conversion kits and their compatibility in one place...

Ie. where to get them, when they are in stock,If they will ever be back in stock, and if the ankian Rots works in the Luke ANH.....ect

just couldn't find a place where it said one way or another if one conversion worked for another saber

Stevegel
05-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I know what you mean, I'm looking for 2 Luke ESB Lux conversion kits for my kids saber... no one has them. I read somewhere that 05 MR Mace Windu Kits will work on the Luke ESB. (NOT SURE) :confused:

felix142
05-15-2008, 09:58 PM
This basically is the place where you can see all the conversion kits and their compatibility in one place. Sometimes you have to hunt around a bit but pictures and descriptions of everything are posted in here somewhere.

In so far as stock, Tim seems to machine them based on popular demand since Master Replicas stopped production of FX sabers. I expect that once Hasbro begins production (if they maintain the quality....emphasis on the "IF") then I'm sure that the demand will warrant more conversion kits being available through the store.

I've read that the ANH kit does fit the ROTS Anakin, but it's a touch loose due to the Luke having a slightly thinner wall. People have used tape to make up the difference.

GusKenobi
05-16-2008, 08:15 AM
see now we are getting somewhere!

so heres a list basically maybe someone can help out as im going off of what ive seen here on the forums and my own personal experience

Maul - kits @ CSS
Mace
Anakin --Luke ANH works but is loose
Obi-wan -kits @ CSS
Yoda
Luke ANH --im just assuming here but then the Anakin kit would be slightly too large for this one? can anyone confirm?
Vader ANH
Luke ESB
Vader ESB
Luke RotJ -Kits @ CSS out of stock

xwingband
05-16-2008, 10:04 AM
TCSS kits...

Maul/Luke- If you don't want the "hero emitter" the Maul kit works fine on the Luke
Luke ROTJ- Hero specific one, out of stock
Mace- No longer made
Anakin-No longer made
Obi- Still available
Vader- No longer made, fits ANH and ESB 3-celled

I too saw Tim say that the Luke ESB could be made to work with the Mace kit, but the Mace kits have been gone for a bit now.

GusKenobi
05-17-2008, 03:39 PM
so there is basically nothing that works with Luke ANH?

thats not very promising! any word on if and when a run will be made? or a link to a discussion on what people have tried ??

Edit..never mind i found it

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3430&highlight=luke+conversion

xwingband
05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
There is no "kit" by anyone for the Luke ANH. It was the last of MRs and until/unless Hasbro makes a steady supply there is no reason to invest and design in a holder for one.

That's not saying you can't convert it, you'll just have to manage it without a "kit". I made a topic on that a while ago. You just need to figure out how to fit in a heatsink, LED and lens. IMO it defeats the purpose to have a loose metal blade holder when you can have a tight plastic one.

GusKenobi
06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
so i got a anakin kit from Ultra sabers and tried to put it in the Luke ANH

of course it was too small and then instead of taping it like had been suggested i used one of the clear rubber o rings from when i converted my darth maul
made it fit snug like a bug!
i was pleased and then all i had to do was cut off the like bottom teer of the plastic blade holder and it fit perfect.
Ill try and get pictures up at some point to show exactly what i did!