PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone. New to the forms, and have a few questions

glazer-DPT
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone

I ordered parts from the shop to construct my first lightsaber. I have looked around a bit, and this site is by far the best place for this. I have been reading the posts, and have come up with a few quesions:

1. Some of the parts that I ordered will be having power coated blue. The area that are not power coated will they need to be clear coated? Should the whole saber be clear coated?

If it should be clear coated, and suggestion for type to use. I don't have a spray gun, so something in a can, possible?

2. I read the thead about the anti seize. Great idea by the way. Is the basic silver stuff Ok to use or is there something better?

3. What is the material that the MHS sections are made from?

4. Anyone here from Pennsylvania??

Any other assemby information/hints will be greatly appriciated

Thanks for the info

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi, and welcome!

I'm far from being a master sabersmith, but I think I can help you out.

1. There's not really any need to clear coat the bare parts. From what I've read, the clear coat will only come off as you use the saber, and look worse for it. My own MHS saber is still as shiny as the day I got it in the mail.

2. Just the basic silver anti-seize compound will work, but don't over-do it. A little goes a long way, and it's messy stuff to clean up.

3. The MHS parts are aluminum. Exactly what kind of aluminum, I don't know. I just know it's aluminum.

4. Can't help you there. I'm from Ontario.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I think the aluminum used is T-6, or 6061.