PDA

View Full Version : new here + question..

lordskrillex
05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
hey all. i've been wanting a replica saber for a long time and i was just figuring to purchase a store-bought one until i found this site and was reading about the fact that some of the led's come loose during mock-battles.

so i just wanted alot of peoples opinion on what way to go to have a very durable, very realistic looking saber..i'm not gonna be slamming the thing into other sabers but i'd like to be able to mock-battle to an extent and have the most realistic looking blade possible..is the LED the way to go or the EL?

the hilt i really dont mind so much about as i'd just planned to get an anakin or luke saber..but will probably go with anakin as he's my favorite..

so what's everyones opinions on this subject and thanks for having me on the forums it's a pleasure to meet you all in advance. :)

Stinky Bantha
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
LED is your best bet. If you're looking for an Anakin you'd probably be best off converting an MR to use a single Luxeon LED. You can get nice, durable blades, and it'll be quite a bit brighter than stock.

eastern57
05-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes, LEDs CAN come loose. But it's a very small percentage and probably involves less-than-adequate craftsmanship + the words "smash" or "destroy". I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you'll play nice.

oh and Welcome to the forums!

DarthFender
05-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree with Eastern,
If you want a replica style Anakin, I would just get the MR Force FX (if you can still find one). If your Ani get broken (loose LEDS) you can always convert it later. The brightness of the default Ani is a slight bit dimmer than a blue Lux III. So to recap play with it till it breaks then make it better then ever.

I can recommend that if you do convert an MR make sure to check out Eandori's Youtube video about a bright and even luxeon lightsaber blade. You'll want that with a blue LED, even a LUX V.

If you really want the "gots to exactly like the one in the films!", you will pay through the nose. Some one on the forums her got a MR Anakin SE (which I'm not sure if you can add electronics to it... ) for about a car payment or two. Very pretty saber hilt, but personally I don't think it's worth the capital you'll have to put into it.