PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Knight Aethan Addar checking in

BlackDOG
05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Here is my costume....I got so worked up about finishing my saber, I just had to drag out the whole thing

I have not had a decent pic of this, because there was a empty spot where the new saber was going.

There are a multitude of issues with this costume.....

cheap boots, an Oct 31st-at-3:30 PM-made belt (LOL), and some funky issues with the inner and outer tunic, no pouches or food capsules (yet).....

HOWEVER, the thing as a whole is pretty groovy. I was going to say cool, but the whole thing weighs about 20 pounds........so its on the warmish side......cool is NOt a word I would use for this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Birdlaw/Sabers/IMG_6086crop.jpg

bd

Wolverine
05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Looks pretty good -for a Jedi

If you think your Jedi costume is warm, you should give Vader a try, you'll never complain about your costume again http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Jay-gon Jinn
05-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Looks good!

And I must agree with Wolverine, after seeing the Vader guys in the Great Lakes Garrison after an event, I'll stick with my Jedi! It's also nice being able to walk up/down stairs, sitting, eating and drinking while still in costume as well!

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-13-2008, 10:44 AM
I wanna wear Vader as my jedi stuff like some drawings you see luke in Vader clothing that is so sweet.

BlackDOG
05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
DARTH VADER= NO COOKIES OR POPCORN

They won't fit thru the grill holes...LOL

Yet another advantage of the Light Side!

bd

DaJoQuim
05-13-2008, 05:35 PM
congrats my friend!!Nice costume!!

BlackDOG
05-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Just like everything in my life......it is a work in progress.

I have spent so manty credits here recently on the saber, that I can't in good conscience spend anymore on boots or a belt right this second......

After that pic, I had that same cool feeling I had when I put on my stormtrooper helmet for the first time......I looked back at myself and I had drifted into that Star Wars world...almost like I was an extra.......freaky!

I miss that helmet too, it was a real fallano, and really accurate. Not Perfect like the SDS ones, but really good and proportional. Things got tight a couple of years ago and I let it go to some cat in England for 2/3 of what it was worth..........SIGH..and to think I was going to join the 501st.........

Brackley
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
DARTH VADER= NO COOKIES OR POPCORN

They won't fit thru the grill holes...LOL

But you can eat Doritos, Dairylea triangles and conveniently sliced pieces of toast to your heart's content. :D