PDA

View Full Version : double blade!!!

987654321a
02-24-2006, 09:31 PM
can some1 give me a list of parts i can by from this website, to make the coolest looking double bladed lightsaber?

i own all

james3
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
2 MHS kits or 2 sink tube kits
2 blades or 2 blade kits
double saber connector

browse the store, I window shopped for a couple months before I made my first order. Mr. Tim has some awsome toys and a cool forum to discuss stuff.

987654321a
02-24-2006, 11:37 PM
thanks bro

i own all

987654321a
02-24-2006, 11:44 PM
ok so here is my list of things to get for a dual bladed saber, tell me if im right.
-Complete LED Blade - $29.99
* 40 inches (RED) X2
-1.5" sink tube hilt kit - $35.82
* Polished finish - $1.50 X2
-Custom formed rubber grip material - $5.00
X5
-MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter ???
-Double saber connector

i own all

Strydur
02-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Shop under the LED section or the EL section not both.
I do not currently have any blade holders or kits for LED sabers but I will within a week.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
02-25-2006, 03:36 AM
yeah, you got stuff mixed
youll need 2 blades
2 leds
2 led blade holders
coupler for middle to connect the 2 hilts
mhs or sink pipe
grips
thumbscrew
mounting screws
battery holder
switch
if want sound, then hasbro board
if not, then resistors for leds
it goes on, and on, and on. etc....

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

987654321a
02-25-2006, 12:35 PM
thank you very much, but i have a question how much will all this cost?

i own all

bazuka
02-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Use a calculator.

xwingband
02-25-2006, 02:08 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

thank you very much, but i have a question how much will all this cost?

i own all
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

"The coolest looking double bladed lightsaber" isn't going to be cheap if that's what you really mean. Otherwise it costs around $100 each saber maybe less if you go no frills and just want them to light up. Add all the components in your cart. Just because they are in there doesn't mean you need to buy them right away.[;)]

We can't give you a list and that seems a hard concept to grasp for people just coming here. Read the tutorials and if you understand the process of building one then the list should be easy to come up with yourself.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

987654321a
02-25-2006, 02:16 PM
ok thx

i own all

987654321a
02-25-2006, 02:26 PM
omg i cant wait to buy it

i own all

987654321a
02-25-2006, 04:45 PM
ok so here is my new list of things to order. tell me if im right

-40" EL Blade RED $120.00 (X2)

-Sound Module ( do i have to get 2 of these? )

-1-1/2" x 12" Chrome Sink Tube $3.87 (X2)

-Sink Tube Blade Holder for 1.5" tube $13.95 (X2)

-Custom Formed Rubber Grip (10 ft.) $50.00

-8AA 12v Battery Holder $2.17

-Coupler $11.00

-Black Thumb Screw - $2.50 (what do i use thumb screw for?)

-Push On/Off switch with black button

Is There anything else i need???

Dark Side = Powerful Sith Lords
Light Side = Panzies

xwingband
02-25-2006, 05:11 PM
You don't need two sound modules. Unless you want double the sound.[:p]

You'll need 2 battery holders. 12V is enough for one blade but for two blades you'll need a second one. It's going to be a battery hog.[:p]

You will need two thumbscrews. Those hold the blades in. You don't want them flying out do you?

<hr noshade size="1">
Now we'll run into an issue. You'll need two inverters (these make the EL light up) because one inverter can't power both. The easiest way will be to use a single SPDT momentary. (Read the EL sound thread to figure out why)

You will need two mono plugs. These are what the blades hookup to inside.

We CAN spoon feed this to you but if you read it'd save many more posts when you don't know how to put it together. You'll come posting not understanding how to wire it because we told you the parts you need without you understanding why you need them.

I for one will not spoon feed this to you again. GO READ.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are two parts you will need to buy seperatly from here to get the sound working properly but you'll have to read the EL sound thread to figure it out.[:p]

987654321a
02-25-2006, 07:10 PM
thanks dude
ok so can u type the urls of the EL sound threads???
Light Side = Panzies

xwingband
02-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Hint: Go to the Saber Sound forum. It's up there near the Misc Topics Forum. You've posted there so I know you can get there.[;)]

BTW, thanks for being cool.[8D] Sometimes people get nasty when we tell them to read.

987654321a
02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
lol i love reading

Light Side = Panzies

LAN-ED-TUL
02-25-2006, 10:49 PM
man thats a switch. nice to see a poster willing to dig around.

987654321a
02-26-2006, 06:52 PM
lol, well with all your guys help i can make the coolest dual blade saber ever!!! ok maybe not the coolest looking one but itll be tight!!!

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

LAN-ED-TUL
02-26-2006, 10:44 PM
well, may i say, welcome to the forum then, and i wish you well in your saber buiding. we all start someplace. mine were simple sinkpipe replicas of a graflex, each one i made i got better, thats how we learn, from experience and a lil helpful info along the way, thats why i really like this forum, so much knowledge here, if you added it all up, it would be older than yoda. lol

987654321a
02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
wow thx for the encouragement :)

987654321a
02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
ok screw this, a dual blade saber is maybe too hard. so ill stick to making a single blade.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 02:09 AM
you give up to easily. nothing is worth trying unless its challenging. best way i see to make a DBL blade saber is use 2 of tims mhs hilt and join the bottoms togehter by a bolt or something. thats a start.

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 02:43 AM
You just started! It's not too hard, it took me 3 months to get my first saber right, and even then..... Take time to look at what you need, think things through, draw pics and visualise then problem solve.

If you build 2 seperate sink tube hilts, you can just connect it with the double blade connector. Dunno if LED might be less hastle to do on this one?

Less talk, more action........

archammer2
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Never give up! Never Surrender!
... Wow, when I satrt quoting bad Tim Allen movies, we've got problems.

The best thing to do is to draw/sketch/doodle it out. See what you have to have, where you should place it, etc. It all depends on how complex you want it to be, how much money you're willing to spend and how much time/effort/blood/sweat/tears you're willing to put into it.

I'd be glad to help you in what little ways I can, but the most important thing is to not let go of your dream. Starting small might be a good idea, though. ^^;

james3
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Dude, don't give it up. I have been planning on doing a Knights of the Old Republic Bastila double-saber for a couple years now, and it's going to be a while before I get to it as well since I am just doing this a little as I can. I have been thinking through so many ways to make a really strong double hilt that my wife has said one night I was talking about it in my sleep. With the knowledge and support of the folks on this forum I reckon there really isn't anything that can't be done, just have patience and plan out what you want and it will come.

987654321a
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
wow ok now i definately wont give up on anything else.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 09:59 PM
thank you. im glad you have decided to keep a tryin. your idea is good, and we all here will be glad to give advise to help.

and i really like that tim allen line,

never give up, never surrender, that was golden.

987654321a
03-02-2006, 07:42 PM
lol thx

LAN-ED-TUL
03-02-2006, 07:56 PM
no prob, any questions feel free to ask, someone will help you.

tetmatek
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM
If you've seen my pile of Mistake tubes youd probably tell me i shoud have quit. LOL A great idea for building; is somthing i do on custom bike tanks; is to use 2inch auto masking tape on your tube and draw on it with a sharpy where you want to mount thins and shade in cut ou areas then BOOM you got a instant pattern. You won't waste a dime that way. If you don't like it peel and retape. Another building idea (tellin all my secrets lol) use an xacto blade for sharp lines. Then (here he goes with the sand blaster again) pull off the desiable are abd leave the tape on the rest and glass bead; pull off the tape and instant etced designs. It's only art if you call it art. LOL Don't get frustrated having fun thats for youe 9-5

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

archammer2
03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
But Galaxy Quest was so stupid...

Anyway, I, for one, want to hear your ideas, 987654321a!

supertrogdor
03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
987654321a tenacity is the key. I started working on my first saber in September last year, and while life gets in the way of hobbies and all that i only just got a blade about 2 weeks ago. I am still toying around with diffusers and such and i have several ideas i want to try. So going on 6 months and if my wife knew how much money... well ill just have to lay low for a while before i start on the double saber that has been brewing in my brain. Anyway i suppose the point is to keep thinking, and playing things out in your head and try what you can when you can with the resources you have available. Stick to it, it will make the project more fulfilling when you finish.
Cheers

987654321a
03-03-2006, 05:47 PM
lol i have an xacto knife, and while i was making my lightsaber i cut my finger, all the way down to the bone XD, but im alrite
check out my site for new pics of the sabers that i have made with your guys encouragment, and my ideas.

xwingband
03-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Lesson learned: cut away from fingers. I have never cut myself that deep but I routinly have olfa and xacto cuts.

987654321a
03-04-2006, 12:08 AM
lol it was on accident and the xacto was like 1 foot away from all my fingers, cept the fingers i was using it with!!!

987654321a
03-04-2006, 02:32 PM
cept the building of this and my dooku will be paused because i have run out of supplies and will buy them soon

987654321a
03-04-2006, 02:34 PM
and another injury was when i was trying to bend a metal, the pliers closed on my skin

james3
03-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I hate it when that happens. Takes everything I have not to scream like a wildman and cuss like a sailor.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-05-2006, 07:03 AM
ah heck, i dont worry bout it, if it hurts i yell. i dunno care what the neighbors think lol

987654321a
03-05-2006, 04:52 PM
lol this stuff happens and i have created my first ever lightsaber!!!

Do-Clo
03-05-2006, 08:53 PM
The only way to avoid an injury is to never do anything. Besides one day you will be able to brag about the scar and say I got that one from a lightsaber.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

987654321a
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
lol i did that once to one of my friends and he believed me!

Sabermaniac
04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Can someone make a double side by side blade?

The Force is my ally. And what a powerful ally it is.

Do-Clo
04-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Do you mean like a double barrel shot gun? If so it is possible.

Do-Clo
Brotherhood of the Sith

informalmyx
04-30-2006, 01:31 PM
i think he is talking something like this

[###############]
<font color="red">##</font id="red"><font color="beige">----------------</font id="beige"><font color="red">##</font id="red">
<font color="red">##</font id="red"><font color="beige">----------------</font id="beige"><font color="red">##</font id="red">

<center>http://webpages.charter.net/myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Do-Clo
04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Sure would be hard to duel with

Do-Clo
Brotherhood of the Sith

informalmyx
04-30-2006, 04:00 PM
i saw that design plo kloon had it i believe some where online it was a prototype Lucas was thinking about and dueling with it wouldnt be too hard just any hand blade

<center>http://webpages.charter.net/myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

xwingband
04-30-2006, 06:49 PM
The one you are talking about is a concept sketch. The blades were atached on either side of a gauntlet. Much more duelable than trying to one hand that little pic he made with the text.

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6703/xwing8az.gif</center>

suit_man
04-30-2006, 09:17 PM
i saw one, i believe on thelightsaber.com that was used by a twi'lek (can't remember the name), but it had basically two lightsabers side by side with a straight rod connecting them which the user used as a handle. sorry if you don't understand, i will try to find it tomorrow, but it is too darn late right now.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

james3
04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
I remember that one hmm....

http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm

Big ole Boc

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/James3sig.jpg</center>

suit_man
05-01-2006, 06:59 AM
yep that's it, i was a bit mistaken on the design because i haven't seen it in a while, but that is the one i was referring to.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber