PDA

View Full Version : MR Anakin Dis problems

OutlawAssassin
05-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I just took apart my Anakin and you guys are making this harder than it really is. All the screw covers/caps are just glued on. A small Flathead screwdriver or knife will remove them all. As far as the little brass pins on the sides, they are also glued on, you can get the same screwdriver under the sides and "POP" them off. Remove the switch from the switch housing/cover by removing the 2 small screws. Tuck the small switch inside the hilt (the tube) and if you have removed all the screws the whole blade and power assemble will slide right out though the blade end of the saber.

Now with the blade/electronics removed take the tape off where the black and chrome parts come together. Pull the two pieces apart slowly as they are connected. Disconnect the power plug (it just pulls off just grab it firmly near the plug.) Now there are 4 flat headed pins on the back half of the chrome pieces , 2 on each side. They can be removed with the small screw driver we've been using. Remove All 4. The next 2 pins are a little harder but relax, they're the last 2. Going from either side it doesn't matter using a PUNCH or small Phillips head push the pins though the tube. They are one long pin not two on each side. A pair of pliers is helpful as well. Once you get them pushed out enough you can pull them the rest of the way with the pliers. Once all are out the blade will slide out the rear.

You can use the info as you see fit and can be used in conjunction with the pics found here.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3

Sorry I didn't take pictures of the process but I wasn't planning on making this TUT. Good luck. Send a message if you have a question.

xwingband
05-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I didn't think anyone was doing it that different from that...

I've done so many ani's that if I don't care how the buttons look after I can pop the sucker apart in something like 10 minutes.

OutlawAssassin
05-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Well i was reading other posts about this and people were asking how to remove diff parts. I got all mine off and they are still usable. Saw other posts where it looked like they used a saw to take it apart....lol. So having just done it literally minutes before posting this I thought I would write down how I did it. Those pictures in the other Thread are useful but a little explaination would have been great.

Darth Morbius
05-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow, I must say that I can take Ani's apart in around ten minutes as well. And I DON'T use ANYTHING to pry the glued parts off...

I use my heat gun and warm the parts up. They typically fall right off then.

felix142
05-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Niiiiiiiice idea with the heat gun. I'll have to try that on my next conversion. I rarely damage the buttons and such much but that sounds like a time saver.

The thing I see people griping about the most are the pins. I just use a punch to get them started then use a finishing nail to drive them through. The biggest pain to me is drilling the holes around the center pin on the blade so you can grab it with pliers. I have a drill press, but it's the step that just seems to take the longest.