PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Speed Racer?

Jedi554
05-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm just curious what y'all think. I just went and saw Speed Racer and I, personally, thought it was sweet. The special FX were cheesy, but good story line, good action, good movie.

DARTH KALEL
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I thought it was good but too cartoon like for my taste, I was expecting a live action speed racer not something this cheesy. I think they were trying to keep with the old old cartoon, which none of my younglings have ever even seen, so for them, they thought it was stupid. I don't really think it's going to do all that great. Especially with the movies that will be coming out in the next few months. I think with the level of "chessyness" they should have just made it animated. I think they should have done something like transformers and updated it for the age group of the fans of the show. My nephew wanted to leave after the first half hour. Even after watching some of the cartoons to get them in the mood, they just didn't like it.

Hasid Lafre
05-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Ya know judging by the previews they dident do a 5 min segment of just showing the car driving and then no sound or talking, just the car driving for 5 min like in the old tv show.