PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm back...

vadeblade
05-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Hello,

It happened again. I got bit by the saber bug.
After a long time away from the lightsaber building scene, i find myself drawn to it. And MAN!!! have things improved since my departure almost 1&1/2 years ago.

So I was sitting in my cube at work last week when a saber concept popped into my head. I have placed my order for some MHS parts and eagerly await my saber pieces. Saber building is a hard bug to shake off.

I plan to be on this forum more again, doing a lot of reading and asking a lot of dumb questions to catch up on the new technology. My first question of course will be "how in heaven can I get a hold of one of those Crystal Focus boards???"

Cheers,
Vadeblade

xl97
05-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Become best friends with Erv.. :)

Have more money than god & Bill Gates (and even then you may be out of luck)

Join his (Erv's... www.plecterlabs.com) newsletter to be notified when batch is being released.. then take off work, go to his site.. put one in yoru cart..and keep hitting refresh...

AND PRAY!! ;)

seriously they go like 'hotcakes' and with a global demand for these things.. its a very hard fish to catch..

some have many...some have gotten every versin that was released... the majority have gotten none.. :)

DARTH KALEL
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM
either that or wait for a few months I have seen three prototype sound boards that a buddy at Lockheed martin is working on so far so good, They work the same as Erv's but will be mass produced and alot cheaper in price. I've personally missed the last 5 sells, each time sitting at the computer waiting, I've never even got close, so I commissioned this sound engineer to build some, I'm just kinda sick of the whole exclusive market that they seem to be in. Ultra should have theirs out here soon, and you will have a much easier time getting one. I already have my prototype, same effects that Erv's board has but will be able to support more voltage for the upcoming rebels the optics will be around shortly. I'm only going with 3 sound banks and am using the micro SD card setup as well. size of the current board is .9 x 1.7 and is .37 in height. trying to combine the motion sensor as well but that doesn't look like it's going to happen just yet. I will have a vid posted this week with the results and then when I am happy they will go out. first run will be 500 and price will be 89.00 shipped with a full guarantee of operation. hopefully this will end the exclusive nature and maybe make some others reevaluate their position.

vadeblade
05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
either that or wait for a few months I have seen three prototype sound boards that a buddy at Lockheed martin is working on so far so good, They work the same as Erv's but will be mass produced and alot cheaper in price... first run will be 500 and price will be 89.00 shipped with a full guarantee of operation. hopefully this will end the exclusive nature and maybe make some others reevaluate their position.

three sound banks is plenty for what I need and purchasing something made in the US sounds easier. From the sound of it i think I want one already. Price is good. I'm looking forward to the vid. Which forum in here should I be watching so I don't miss out? Will you have Tim as a reseller? If the vid proves that your board meets what I need I am more than willing to put down 50% early deposit to secure one at time of release. What will you call it?

Edit: Or I can trade you for one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlPwVtg8xRM
I make them.

thanks,
Vadeblade.