PDA

View Full Version : sounds

curtainguy
11-11-2005, 01:47 PM
how can i put the familiar lightsaber sounds into my saber? anyone know?

Strydur
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
You can buy a sound module from light-tech or you can take one out of a Master replicas hilt or a hasbro toy hilt.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

darkjedimaster07
11-12-2005, 09:46 AM
how would you hook that up in the circuit and would all of the clashing sounds still work

LAN-ED-TUL
11-14-2005, 12:54 AM
well it depends. if you want it in the circut so it comes on at same time, then, if you go with luxeon, get corbins controller. it has a way to hook it up. or if your going with led's in the blade, then get a led blade kit from graflex shop. it has a place to hook up the switch wires from sound,(you can even use a hasbro toy saber) straight to it and when you power up, it does too. now, of course you will have to run the sounds seperate power source from the el/led setup. unless someone wants to tell you how to run a bunch of resistors and wiring to run all of it off one source. but i wouldnt do it that way, myself, i found the hasbro toy saber can run off 2 AA pack and it will fit on top of 9 volt. theyre both around the same length. and they will stack and fit inside of a graflex or heiland handle. bad thing about led blades are you cant duel hard with them. luxeons seem to be better in that respect, since no lights are in blades. or if you really wanted to, you could buy a master replicas fx saber and convert it to luxeon. then you;d have the sounds and a hard duelin blade. of course im waitin for tim to come up with a diffuser for his 1/8 walled poly c blade before i jump off and do that. i just bought a MR vader from ebay. and i plan to luxeon it some time.

Darth Vengus
11-18-2005, 06:28 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">I'm still new to this here eeee-lectronical lightsaber stuff[xx(], so let me make ask a few questions. Will the Hasbro unit work with the CSS LED kit, and if not, who is this Corbin fellow and where can I get a hold of him and his driver? Thanx!

Vengus

PS- whoops! sorry! I asked and LED question on the EL threads. I forgot what section I was in![:p]</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

GeluKhanGharr
11-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Lord Vengus,

Yes, Hasbros work just fine with the CSS led kit, but it depends on which Hasbro you use. The ones powered up by 2 c batteries use 3 Volts. Using that module you can power up a RED or orange led only because they need 2.9 Volts. Don't forget to add the resistor. If you're going with a different color, you need a Hasbro that works on 3 AA batteries, like the 2005 models. Add the resistor there too.
Corbin's drivers don't put out sound, but provide you with a nice way to combine the sound module with an LED hook-up and a ramping up effect(simulating the extending and retracting of the blade). No need for the resistor there, the driver takes care of that. However, the sounds Hasbros put out are pretty cheesy, I'd rather go with an MR FX module. Look at the conversion tutorial to see how to hook it up.

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Darth Vengus
11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Thanks for the info, GeluKhanGharr! I'll check out the tutorial you mentioned[:D].

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord