PDA

View Full Version : Sink-T Based simple saber

Inclol
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi all !

I got a 1.25" Sink tube here, waiting since a long time to become a saber... and finally It's coming up :)

For the moment I'm unsure about two things, that's why I'd like to know what you guys think.

First, what is sure : I've got 50 centimeters of tube and soon 2 blade holders, plus a lot of MHS pieces. I want a really simple concept ; a saber without any special emitter or pommel or any other piece, just a 1.25 blade holder, a CFSC V4 in it, probably a Lux V... The only cosmetic which is gonna make it look more attractive is an "ito" (if you don't know, that's the piece of fabric on a katana handle, for example). On the whole lenght of the saber, probably. Simple and handy.

Now I can't decide :

-If I should go with a saber staff or with dual sabers. I really like both and handle them good. I don't know what would suit the style of the hilt best.

-...And I'm clearly unsure about what color the blade(s) should be. Amber sounded cool to me but I never seen it in action and some guys I know told me it's not all that good.

Any idea ? :)

BhujangiJedi
05-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Go with both. Tim can make you a piece similar to the 1.25" blade holders, but instead of holding a blade, you put it in the hilt and it will connect two 1.25" sink tube hilts together for a staff. That's what I'm doing. You'll have to spend a couple minutes putting in/removing some screws to convert between 2 sabers and a staff, so it's not a super quick conversion, but it's better than being permanently separate or permanently a staff.

I got amber, and I like it, but since it's relatively dim (compared to say, GREEN!), you really need to have excellent diffusion. Initially I was very disappointed with my blade (TCSS battle blade) and amber, but after sandblasting the blade the diffusion was way better. I think the "Corbin-style" show blades are generally regarded as the best for diffusion and are still plenty sturdy. You can see some pics of my amber experience:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showpost.php?p=74345

I later got some green K2's and I love them. They are crazy bright (with 1000mA puck) and green just looks awesome. I've now ordered some red-oranges for two sink tube sabers (with a connector to make them a staff).