PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Just wondering since I am new to the community and would like know what other saber builders do with their own time.

I am a Roleplayer, In game and TEXT style (forums)
(Mostly for Star Wars)(Well actually just about only Star Wars.)
Just wondering what others do. If you post something you do for your fun time.

*ignites saber*

Jonitus
05-07-2008, 07:39 AM
I build scale models (mostly 1/72 scale WWII fighters), play guitar, and work on my Predator costume that I hope to debut in October.

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-07-2008, 07:45 AM
I build scale models (mostly 1/72 scale WWII fighters), play guitar, and work on my Predator costume that I hope to debut in October.

Whoa, your making a predator costume? That is really cool, i can't wait to see how it turns out.
I play the guitar as well.

thornwolf
05-07-2008, 08:12 AM
I build warhammer 40k models, play other miniature wargames, collect swords, play hockey and paintball,and video games like KOTOR and warcraft. My wife and I just started taking Iaido lessons, and we go to renaissance faires. This summer my wife brother and I are attempting to do some star wars fan film stuff, so I'd started to learn how to do very basic CGI effects like rotoscoping, green screen, and blaster fire.

Between these things and work, I sleep about 4 1/2 hours a night during the week.

Ghostbat
05-07-2008, 10:11 AM
I am a gamer and game designer working to finally get my little company started. I also have two internet radio shows a week (monday and tuesday 8:00pm pst on awesomeville.us) and am gearing up a second company, a print shop. On top of that are making electronic music, LED art, writing, basically I collect hobbies :)

chase
05-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I do other weapons training like bokken, broad sword, bo staff, nunchucku and throwing knives. I play and collect video games and movies. I also plan on making a fan film a couple years down the road. We are getting everything ready for it now. I've started making custom Sci-Fi armor out of PVC sentra, painting and building props. I'm in a Jedi group, which most of these props are made for, and we will show them off at different cons when the time comes. I enjoy a good beer and like to cook when I have the time. I'm also a singer/guitar player for a metal band. Since I have about 3 hours a week to do all of these things, my other time goes to my wife. She will beat me if I don't spend enough time with her.

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Yea, I'm loosing sleep more and more every night as well due to stacking hobbies.

xl97
05-08-2008, 04:59 AM
I do anything I can think of to learn! LOL

by day Im a web & Flash developer.. at night I weld, work on motorocycles.. program, paint (automotive..not artsy).. always looking for my next DIY project..

(working on a steampunk monitor right now actually)

Mi Gin Gonn
05-08-2008, 05:32 AM
sounds like we got quite a few axemen here. I play guitar too, seeing as how I wrote the TCSS theme song on the homepage.

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Sweet bro!

thats cool that you wrote that song.

xl97, same here bro I know what you mean.
By day I am a 3d designer

then i play Star Wars Galaxies, read, write(rp), electronics, lift, girlfriend, and work on my car.

I love learning new stuff and gaining as much knowledge as I can!

Chowser
05-08-2008, 05:42 AM
where do you guys find the time? i've been a cop for 10 years, have 3 kids, and barely have time to play video games, my 360 hasn't been turned on in weeks, when I get MGS4/PS3 in June, I probably won't even have time to play that.
I bought a PSP to play Crisis Core and can't even find time to play that.
I squeak in the MHS building when my 17month old is napping and the other two are in school. Since I'm between MHSs, maybe I'll nap when the little one naps :)

I was playing COD4 and Halo 3 on the 360, so if you're online, look me up (if I can get back to it)

SARGE051

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 05:46 AM
where do you guys find the time? i've been a cop for 10 years, have 3 kids, and barely have time to play video games, my 360 hasn't been turned on in weeks, when I get MGS4/PS3 in June, I probably won't even have time to play that.
I bought a PSP to play Crisis Core and can't even find time to play that.
I squeak in the MHS building when my 17month old is napping and the other two are in school. Since I'm between MHSs, maybe I'll nap when the little one naps :)

I was playing COD4 and Halo 3 on the 360, so if you're online, look me up (if I can get back to it)

SARGE051

You said kids.?
Yea, you lost your life friend JK you have a much more meaningful one now.
Well I guess 4 hours of sleep don't help huh?
Thats what I get from being stubborn and staying up late. ( Just to have somewhat of a life )

There has to be time out there somewhere....

Drichar Deis
05-08-2008, 07:25 AM
I know that feeling, ive got a wife and 3 kids, i have no life or money ;)

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 07:27 AM
I know that feeling, ive got a wife and 3 kids, i have no life or money ;)

That was great!
Hey but its worth it right?

Drichar Deis
05-08-2008, 07:30 AM
That was great!
Hey but its worth it right?

..........most days!

hee hee!

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 07:35 AM
..........most days!

hee hee!

Haha, you have perfect answers.
Just make sure you teach them the ways of the force.

Drichar Deis
05-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Haha, you have perfect answers.
Just make sure you teach them the ways of the force.

The Dark Side of the force that is!

"ARGH! GET YOUR ROOMS TIDY!"

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
The Dark Side of the force that is!

"ARGH! GET YOUR ROOMS TIDY!"

......*knows he is dealing with a darksider now*

Well nice meeting you there 'Friend' *smiles*
*goes and cleans his room*

Darth Leximus
05-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Ok I guess I'll jump in...

I'm rapidly aproaching 30, married to a beautiful Non star wars fan (who just had me build her a lightsaber....convert??), we have a 6 year old daughter who inherited her dad's ability in the force. She gives me some of the most vicious duels and she is ALL dark side, evil as can be! Anyway I was raised on Star Wars litterally since before birth, I was at the opening night of ESB in the womb! I'm heavily into video games and currently have 3 scripts written and one game design completed with my best friend and fellow star wars junkie. We are in the process of shopping our creation around and are having great luck thus far. We currently have a running dialogue with the President of a MAJOR developer who is helping us shape our concept into something marketable. So hopefully you gamers will be playing a title from Spec Ops Games Inc. within 2 years! Besides sabercraft, game design, work and family life I haven't got time for much else, but I try to spend as much time as possible outdoors because above all I'm a huge nature buff.

X
05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Well all I do is play my 360 and work for the most part, but then again I'm a School bus driver. I'm waiting to see if the MGS4 PS3 bundle comes out in the US then I'll be playing that for a while but right now it's GTA-VI

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 08:24 AM
This is a awesome community now I know who to go to for a lot of info.
Good luck with you game man! I would totally buy it and make all my friends buy it if it came out!
No lie!

yea PS3 I might have to look into that!

Everyones children is DarkSide children and Wives.. I mean... NOOOO!

Darth Leximus
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Trust me dude the second game we put out will be our masterpiece, we are working on one right now kind of along the lines of Portal but with a severely twisted angle. That one is to get our foot in the door. The second one which is completely done and sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to grow a pair and spend some $ to make it a reality. All star wars fans will be pleased I think, we have a whole new universe to imerse yourselves in.

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Trust me dude the second game we put out will be our masterpiece, we are working on one right now kind of along the lines of Portal but with a severely twisted angle. That one is to get our foot in the door. The second one which is completely done and sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to grow a pair and spend some $ to make it a reality. All star wars fans will be pleased I think, we have a whole new universe to imerse yourselves in.

Please make this happen!
That is awesome, you think things are looking up? or.?

DDanDevious
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
wootness...

Well ive been playing the bass for about 15 years, im currently in a death metal band called Blood For Ares...

I also play the drums (for about the same amount of years) I went to school for studio recording and have a little setup at the house, but havent found much time to do that either!

Ive been playing Warhammer 40K since my teens, paint and model and all the good stuff but havent found anyone that I enjoy playing with around here... I have a pretty massive 'Nid army that is always WIP!

and all of my other time is devoted to coaching the womens Roller Derby team here in Panama City... so I spend pretty much all of my time with girls in little skirts who skate around hitting each other... sometimes I cant even remember how I got started in that, but Ive been coaching the team for over a year and a half, we are in our second season and its amazingly amazing.

then in the little time I have left I build lightsaber stuff!

DDD!

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 09:38 AM
wootness...

Well ive been playing the bass for about 15 years, im currently in a death metal band called Blood For Ares...

I also play the drums (for about the same amount of years) I went to school for studio recording and have a little setup at the house, but havent found much time to do that either!

Ive been playing Warhammer 40K since my teens, paint and model and all the good stuff but havent found anyone that I enjoy playing with around here... I have a pretty massive 'Nid army that is always WIP!

and all of my other time is devoted to coaching the womens Roller Derby team here in Panama City... so I spend pretty much all of my time with girls in little skirts who skate around hitting each other... sometimes I cant even remember how I got started in that, but Ive been coaching the team for over a year and a half, we are in our second season and its amazingly amazing.

then in the little time I have left I build lightsaber stuff!

DDD!

So how do you become a coach of a womans roller derby team.? :D

Darth Leximus
05-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Things are definately looking good. Like I said we have a open running dialogue with the President of the 2nd largest developement/production company in the world. We are on first name basis and he allows us to bounce ideas off him before we present them formally. It's really helped us alot in understanding what the companies are looking for at any given moment so we can make adjustments. We have a formal meeting set up to officially pitch our first game in just under a month and half. So that one shouldn't be too far out...the Masterpiece will probably take at least 2 years to make once we get the greenlight which we won't have until we see how this first one goes.

We've been told that the Masterpiece is probably a 300-400 milliion dollar project the way we have it designed so they just want to see what we can do with something smaller before they invest that heavily. But I promise you it will be made and to quote Grandma's Boy "People will bow to it!"

I'm really glad your excited for it hope we don't let you down, I highly doubt we will.

I wish I could get into details but there are contracts signed and all that jazz so gotta keep a lid on it for the time being.

DDanDevious
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
well my wife joined when they started, they had like 5 people, and one of the other girls husbands decided he was the coach, so I was his assistant cause I was the only other husband/boyfriend whatever that actually tried to learn what the game was about...

so a few months passed, they moved and I became the head coach... now we have over 20 girls in the league... our motto is Skate, Fight, Drink! (we like afterparties)

our first season we lost ALOT hahaha... this season so far we're 3 wins 1 loss... our next game is at the end of the month against Mobile AL who we beat last time... looking to make it a repeat hahahaha...

Its kind of like having 24 sisters... you know once a woman gets comfortable with ya theres no stopping them then.

DDD!

Jak'Kan-Ur
05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Yea I don't want any breaches in your contract so I just can't wait when it comes out and all goes well you will tell us what it is correct?
thanks bro
grandma's boy WOOT!

Darth Leximus
05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Of course and if we get our hands on any prebuilds of the game we will want outside testers so I'll be sure to let people know.