PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Difficulty Removing Blade

thornwolf
05-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Over the weekend I statred putting the wife's sith saber together and had a question about Led Blade Holder 4. For some reason even without using any screw to secure the blade, several blades that work with my blade holder 8, do not fit without a lot of force and the only way to get the blade out is to unscrew the blade holder from the saber and pull really hard. I haven't had this issue with the other blade holders I have so I was wondering what would be a nice way to thin the diameter of her blade a bit when it comes in the mail so that it will fit easier.

I've tried Ultra and TCSS blades and they both give the same problems, but the TCSS battle blade fits the best. I used a modified MR blade just for fun, but that Blade's diameter is to small and has a lot of play in the holder.

Malaki Skywalker
05-07-2008, 06:19 AM
I've had the same problem with my thin wall from the store, seems the OD is is tiny bit larger, just sand the area where it goes into the blade holder, that fix's it

Hope this helps ;)

thornwolf
05-07-2008, 06:22 AM
I thought about that but I was concerned as I didn't want to mess up the "windows" on her blade holder which is her favorite part of the saber. Will sanding it down with sand paper cloud the blade much and muddy up the light coming out of the holder's sides?

xwingband
05-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Well you could simply sand the blade. That works but then it may be looser in other sabers.

Since you seem to mention other sabers though... a cylinder hone might be best. It's about a $20 tool that goes on a power drill. It's got a bunch of springed carbides on it. When you spin it up it will rapidly remove material. That will hit the problem at the source. Use it on all of your smallish holders and they'll fit better.

thornwolf
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the options. Hopefully I'll have her's ready after this weekend.