View Full Version : help with end of blade

02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm just getting ready to start my first saber with the kits from the css, but I have a question that I haven't found answered in the tutorials, or anywhere else. After you run the el wire through the polyE, and put it in the polyc, do you put anything on the tip before the plastic end piece, like closing up the end of the polyE? Otherwise, wouldn't you be able to see the wire sticking in the polye if you looked at the tip? Thanks for any help.

02-23-2006, 04:29 PM
True, there is nothing put there. You could easily frost the tip or fill it with hot glue though.


02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I got really fine wet/dry dand paper and sanded the tip. It becomes a frosted colour, but you can not see through the tip. Or you could put some frosted tape on the flat side of the tip maybe?

Less talk, more action........

02-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the help . I didn't realize that the tip piece is solid, so it's not going to be as big a problem as I thought.

02-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah it is solid, easy to put mirrors and stuff on and for frosting. It wold break a lot easier if it was hollow too.

Less talk, more action........

02-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Just sand the end with fine sandpaper, I sometimes forget there's EL wire in there

HK-47: Extrapolation: 98% probability the miniature organic's [Jawa] tribe has been captured by the sand people and he wants us to mount a rescue. Revan: What about the other 2%? HK-47: Explanation: 2% probability that the miniature organic meatbag is just looking for trouble and wants us to blast him, although this may just be wishful thinking on my part, master. -Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic