PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help (major boo boo)

morpheus1977
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I think I am boned in my excitedness to take about my old vader MR saber I think I made a major boo boo. my vader is the quick disconnect kind well when I cut the wires I think I cut them where I shouldnt have I up loaded a pic to show what I mean.. and I also loaded a pic of the main sound card. Also of where the blade would attach? If it is as simple as resoldering the wires to the connection that shouldnt be to hard. But does any body have a diagram of the pin numbers and what wires go where???

ArkaiHalon
05-04-2008, 05:34 AM
I just put a vader soundboard in my saber. From what I can see, as far as teh board goes, you are ok asfar as where you cut wires, You'll just have to attach longer leads. As for the blade part, you'll need to cut the clash sensor free and re attach the leads to the board and the LED respectively.

Hasid Lafre
05-04-2008, 05:41 AM
Darth morbious has done the din plug conversions before so I know he would know what wires are for what.

morpheus1977
05-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I just put a vader soundboard in my saber. From what I can see, as far as teh board goes, you are ok asfar as where you cut wires, You'll just have to attach longer leads. As for the blade part, you'll need to cut the clash sensor free and re attach the leads to the board and the LED respectively.

ArkaiHalon you are right after I was done freaking out last night I calmed down and actually searched around on the message boards. I found exactlay what you are talking about so I think I will be ok... I do have a question though. For the clash sensor should I just totally remove it from the circuit board or should I just trim that part of the circuit board off so it has a nice steady base? (ohh sorry one more question) I know what two wires go to the clash sensor but does it mater which wire goes to what lead??

morpheus1977
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
yippie!!!!!!!!!!! I wired up all of the components. Was able to reattach the shock sensor turned it on and BAM light sound I got the woosh (very technical term I know) and the clash. Now I get to go home solder it all together. wrap the circuit board in the foam that came out of my MR saber blade. put it in my MHS and pray I dont snap any connections before I get it all screwed together LOL>

Novastar
05-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Good work!

Nothing a little case of "calm & clear my head" can't fix! :)

morpheus1977
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Good work!

Nothing a little case of "calm & clear my head" can't fix! :)

Very true unless its all FUBARed LOL then you start from scratch LOL