PDA

View Full Version : Plastic sinktube Question

thornwolf
05-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I can't seem to get a plastic sinktube to fit my mhs hilt which is really annoying since I was able to build the circuit, put on a sound card, but be foiled by a piece of Plastic.

In both Lowe's and Home Depot I was told they sell sink tube in only Inner Diamter so when I asked for 1.25 O.D. sink tube, I was given blank stares by the help in the store.

Can someone let me know where they got their's as maybe I'm looking in the wrong places and such? Also if the OD is 1.25 how small can the ID be the fit a MR soundcard?

Thanks, maybe its my job or the amount of coffee I've had but I am really frustrated with the one piece I assumed would be the easy job.

xwingband
05-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Every Home Depot on the planet has them... go to the plumbing section. If you see all the gaskets and extra toliet parts it's usually the same ailse. They put them in cardboard trays labeled by size and style.

The morons think you are talking about PVC (sold by the ID). If you have to ask for sinktube extensions. You say plastic and they probably zone out assuming you mean PVC.

xl97
05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
well...that covers that topic..LOL

thornwolf
05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks!

Ya know life always surprises you when you think the hardest parts are done.
:D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I found plastic tubes in an old golf bag that fit the ID of the MHS perfectly. If you can't find anything else, PM me and I'll send you a piece.

xl97
05-03-2008, 01:42 PM
club covers.. yep..

also.. you can use FILM canisters.. they fit inside MHS parts just nice.. :)

a couple together.. you got a nice 'sled' for your parts.. :P

SpectreT65
05-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Prescription pill bottles do the job nicely as well. The also make fine resonance chambers, according to what I've read.

thornwolf
05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
I sanded down a sink tube from home depot and it fits now. All I need now is to wait for my battery pack in the mail, and hot glue the board's edges into the sled.

Waiting for the mail is the hardest thing. :)

DarthFender
05-05-2008, 05:06 AM
Every Home Depot on the planet has them...

Yes, every Home Depot on the planet has morons who think that they don't sell something that is clearly on the website and that thousands of people have actually purchased in the stores. I hate home Depot for that.

O you meant the tubes.... My bad.