PDA

View Full Version : Question on MR Anakin Terminals/Sound

cjarmst
02-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I picked up a 2005 Anakin very cheap, but it's missing the battery pack and speaker. I've already got it to light correctly using a regular AA battery pack but I have a question or two.

There are 3 terminals that the stock battery pack appears to connect to. If you are looking into the hilt with the notch at straight up 12:00 position, there is one terminal to the left at 11:00 (this appears to be the (+), and there are two to the right at 1:00 and 5:00 (the 1:00 appears to be (-)). What is the 3rd terminal for?

2nd question.. the sound and speaker module. Is the sound integrated on the board that drives the LEDs with just a speaker at the bottom of the hilt, or is there a seperate sound board at the bottom with the speaker? If I wanted to add sound, any ideas how I would go about it?
thanks!
chris

Do-Clo
02-23-2006, 10:00 AM
The the battery holder only has a speaker in it, the sound is on the circuit board for the leds, the third contact is for the speaker positive connection. The speaker and batteries share a common ground connection.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

cjarmst
02-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Great, that is what I was hoping. Do you happen to know the resistance (ohm) of the stock speaker?

Strydur
02-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I dont think it says on them. Someone might be able to test one though.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Umi_Ryuzuki
02-27-2006, 11:39 PM
If you look at the battery contact end, and hold the battery pack with the notch at the top, or at 12 o'clock, the contact to the right of the notch is the 4.5v positive connection (red wire).

The contact to the left of the notch is the Speaker, negative connection[coming from the PCB](brown wire).

The contact to the bottom left, or at about 8 o'clock, is the 4.5v negative connection (black wire).

If you put a meter on the 4.5v negative connection, and the "Speaker negative connection", it will will read 4.5 volts, as the speaker is wired "hot" to the 4.5v positve terminal(yellow wire).

I just had a speaker go bad[xx(], anyone have a spare? [|)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font color="red">There are 3 terminals that the stock battery pack appears to connect to. If you are looking into the hilt with the notch at straight up 12:00 position, there is one terminal to the left at 11:00 (this appears to be the (+), </font id="red">
If you are looking into the hilt, yes positive terminal

<font color="red">and there are two to the right at 1:00</font id="red">
This is the return Negative terminal for the speaker.

<font color="red"> and 5:00 (the 1:00 appears to be (-)<font color="black">[see previous answer]</font id="black">). What is the 3rd terminal for?</font id="red">
When looking INTO the hilt, the terminal at 5:00 is the negative contact.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

DarthFlatus
04-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Has anyone installed a switch to disable the sound? I want stealth mode!

Silver Serpent
04-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Wow. An 8-year necropost.

To answer your question though, you can easily put any latching switch on one of the speaker wires to disable sound. This will work for most any sound-enabled saber.