PDA

View Full Version : I got some new toys last week or so--

jpbeck
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I have my first comp with one of them this weekend.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0104.jpg
The sisters together--------- .308 and .300 WM------
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0103.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0098.jpg
.300 with a ACIS stock and a sweet S&B current USMC issue scope (3-12X).
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0101-1.jpg
.308 with ACIS system and a Nikon Tactical 2.5-10X with half hash mil dots (very rare scope).

I guess I can retire old faithful... :(
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0837.jpg

NEVER! HA HA HA!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Those are some nice looking sabers on that bench. Too bad those clumsy, random, old fashioned blasters got in the shot. ;)

jpbeck
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
There is nothing clumsy about making a first round hit at 1000 yards or more.

:)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I'm just trying to get your goat. I'd love to try them out.

X
05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Very nice.

Rade Valm
05-01-2008, 11:10 PM

:)

And it being deflected by some geek with a lightsaber ;)

Just kidding dude, those rifles are seriously awesome. I remember using those in Counterstrike...

Novastar
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM

:)Yup... first rule in modern warfare... if your enemy doesn't even KNOW he's GOING to die...

...well... YOU DO THE MATH on that one.

One shot, one kill.

Just like the samurai of old, really... which used to be about that they would never make a strike unless they were certain they would kill. Otherwise... it just wasn't correct. :)

DARTH KALEL
05-01-2008, 11:37 PM
way cool, I really like old faithful, you going to paint this one up?

Hasid Lafre
05-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Dibs on the 308!

Kant Lavar
05-02-2008, 05:02 AM
God... I saw the bolt lock in the second picture and my first thought was "wonder why he's wiring a huge buckpuck into his rifle...?"

*headdesk*

But, yeah. If I was anywhere near you, and you had extra ammo you needed burned, I'd throw myself on that grenade for ya. ;)

I guess for now I'll just have to content myself with going up to Behuring on Monday and spending the whole fraking day on the range with my good ol' musket. (Read: M16A2.)

Darth Leximus
05-02-2008, 06:43 AM
I'm in love all three of them are beautiful (the lightsabers are nice too)

I wanna squeeze em and hear em go BOOM!

Hasid Lafre
05-02-2008, 07:01 AM
I was never a fan of m16s or any of the american assault rifles, granted the m4 carbin is an ok gun but carbins are weaker versions of there larger forms, just look at the M1 garand carbin. It sucked compared to the full M1.

Which IMO is one of the best 306 guns made. Iam a huge fan of ak's, g35/36. MP5(and the MP7 MY GOD WHAT A GUN! it will go thru the front and back of a kevlar helmet and will eat dragon skin armor alive). I would love to get my hands on a bolt action springfield or a kar98k.

But dadly there isent a gun range around here worth a hoot for me to get a gun in the first place, I got my uncles 22marlin from ages ago, bolt action tube fill, needs a new firing pin last I knew.

SWAT Strachan
05-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Fit it with a BlasterCore :mrgreen:.

"See it's a .308, now I'll just hold down the aux button... there, now it's a .22, a shotgun, and the last one makes it sound like Pandame's hair drier!"

(actually I have one of them too, but sadly mine only fires 6mm BBs :( ).

Zero Unit
05-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I was never a fan of m16s or any of the american assault rifles, granted the m4 carbin is an ok gun but carbins are weaker versions of there larger forms, just look at the M1 garand carbin. It sucked compared to the full M1.

Which IMO is one of the best 306 guns made. Iam a huge fan of ak's, g35/36. MP5(and the MP7 MY GOD WHAT A GUN! it will go thru the front and back of a kevlar helmet and will eat dragon skin armor alive). I would love to get my hands on a bolt action springfield or a kar98k.

But dadly there isent a gun range around here worth a hoot for me to get a gun in the first place, I got my uncles 22marlin from ages ago, bolt action tube fill, needs a new firing pin last I knew.

M1 Carbine fired a 7.62x33mm round, which was about half the length of the M1 Garand's, it being a 7.62x63mm (commonly called by us Americans the .30-06). That is why the M1 was not as good; it wasn't as powerful (and the bullet was a different size and shape; the M1 had a long spitzer round, the carbine had a stubby round nose). The M1 Carbine was, in fact, internally different than the Garand, with the bolt being the only similarity. Unlike carbines of today, parts were not interchangeable.

The MP7's 4.6x30mm spitzer round has excellent penetration power (thanks to its hardened steel core), but its stopping power is rather poor, because it does not fragment or yaw very easily. It will pass through the armor and into the wearer, and sit there, causing no serious damage to surrounding tissue unless that organ is rather hard, like the liver.

AKs, well, long live the AK. Better than any ArmaLite variant by far. They are inaccurate mostly because of the bullet (7.62x39mm and 5.45x39mm for AK-74), which likes to waver through the air for a bit, then tumble. Solve this problem by using one of the 5.56x45mm models (AK-101, AK-102, AK-108).:-P

Now, onto the topic:
Loving those AICS. Beastly gun, can take it anywhere and fully rely on it to work. :cool:

Madcow
05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Just thought I'd take this opportunity to remind everyone that the world record kill with a sniper rifle for distance is held by a CANADIAN!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper#Range

Cheers,
MC

May the fourth be with you all.

jpbeck
05-02-2008, 05:52 PM
It was an amazing shot-- especially for that round-- I can see a 338 doing that, but a .50? Wow-- That round just wasn't even designed for personnel. Amazing shot!
We had the Barret in our locker that we used to help detonate certain materials that we didn't want to go near, I tell you that thing left a bad taste in my mouth POS in my PO.
I've never shot the Tac 50 though-- maybe it's called that because its a tac driver? I think about that guy every time I shoot a F comp or beyond a 1000---- I think wow 2660--- I wonder what kind of base the guy used on the scope-- 50MOA? Otherwise there isn't a scope with that much dope on it to make the come up! If he did it with hold overs, well that's just even more DAAAMN!

F'en A--- damn-- damn daaamn!

acerocket
05-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Just thought I'd take this opportunity to remind everyone that the world record kill with a sniper rifle for distance is held by a CANADIAN!

Yeah, and the previous record holder held the record for 35 years!! I gotta give a tip of my hat to Carlos Hatch**** though. The Canadian record holder used a specially built sniper rifle. Hatch**** used a 50 caliber Browning machine gun with a scope.

jpbeck
05-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I had the GREAT HONOR of meeting the White Feather. I think it was my greatest honor I've ever been granted (besides being there when my son was born and serving my country of course.). He was a true hero and a Great American-- I wish they'd award him the CMH.

Dark Helmet
05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I can never get a sniper rifle, I just can't be trusted with it... not that I would do anything bad with it, but if the broad side of a barn were to take someone hostage, I don't think I could take it out....but my glock 23 on the other hand... if you are 8' tall, 600 lbs, I can nail you at 8 feet no problem... jk, but I am horrible shot with a rifle. those are pretty sweet tho, I've always been partial to the look of a remington 700 without sights, just streamlined and pretty.

virus692
05-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I prefer to make hits from 5000M but thats just me...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2051/2271460130_b129b019ca.jpg?v=0
Go Navy!

Kant Lavar
05-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've never been really happy with my M16 myself. Haven't ever even handled an M4. (The M249 was fun as hell to shoot, though. 200 belt-fed rounds of happiness.) I've often wished Fort Bliss (since we have the Germans, Japanese, Brits, and a few other nations attending either the Air Defense School or the Sergeant Major's Academy) could organize a day where folks from all these different countries go out onto a small arms range and get to shoot other countries' weapons.

I think if I had my choice of weapon to use, I'd go with a P90. It's compact, easy to shoot, pretty damn powerful for a PDW, and it has plenty of ammo in a magazine.

But, I'm an E-3 assigned to a Patriot battalion. I carry what I'm told. :rolleyes:

jpbeck
05-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I love my M4-- I have a ACOG 4X on it-- I'd take that over a P90 any day. There's a reason why they have 50 rounds in them-- and it aint so you can shot more bad guys! Plus 69 moving parts! Knock, knock-- who's there-- Murphy... ;)

As for PDW's I'd take a single stack .45 or a M9 :) besides who the hell wants to fight fair, when you can snap, crackle and pop-- then scoot, scoot away. :D

On second thought-- my choice for a PDW is a 16"er!
I say bring'em back! That'll get Iran's attention even more so than 2 whole carrier battle groups! IMHO that is. :lol:

GO NAVY!

Argillian
05-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Those look nice! i might have to get one myself.

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 11:14 PM
If I was to have any gun that I could have access to would be an aug, corbins got one last I knew and I just love that gun, bulpup guns FTMFW!

Corbin_Das
05-04-2008, 12:46 AM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0098.jpg
.300 with a ACIS stock and a sweet S&B current USMC issue scope (3-12X).

I didn't know the USMC used the Schmidt & Bender 3 x 12 now. I thought they were still doing the Unertl 10x fixed power on the M40s. I've been out of the loop on current Military hardware for a while though. Sigh. LOL

I had thought about getting an Accuracy International type stock and putting either a Remington or perhsps a Winchester Model 70 in it. Though I'm a lefty now, I tend to favor right handed bolt action rifles. This of course requires "sandbagging" it or otherwise freeing up my right hand from the forend. Pretty smooth operation for me. Granted, these weapons aren't about fast follow up shots anyway, so speed of reloading isn't my primary concern with this technique, though it's fairly quick.

Corbin

P.S. Are those scope rings set up for the QD NV add on? The front ring reminds me of something I saw like that when I was in.