PDA

View Full Version : Superman Saber Done!!

DARTH KALEL
05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Here it is. I might add a few things later but for now this is it.

The batteries are about dead too from playing around with it, The P4 is just resisted until I get the sound. If you are thinking about going with the white LED I would recommend getting two or three of the filter sets I used 2 of the light yellow and 2 of the amber to get the color and looks in the pics. Again, Thanks Strydur and Saber Girl for the quick shipping and great products. Thanks to Er Dan Gill for much help through the whole process and all the wiring inside.

Count Malik
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Lookin good, what type of filters did you use, TCSS's or Lee, or maby another?:cool:

DARTH KALEL
05-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I got the TCSS ones in that pic still waiting on the LEE glass ones, should be next week.

TD-2272
05-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Thats badass bro! very cool

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 01:58 AM
still trying to figure out sound I want something different then the norm, maybe a plasma sound or I have a font of a solar saber, real cool sound.
Just got to get me a CF, I just got an older version, if anybody is looking to get rid of thier older versions or ultra versions as well let me know.

Hasid Lafre
05-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Which version did you get? its printed on the back side

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 02:06 AM
still waiting for it in the mail, should be in tomorrow by my calculations but you know how ground ship is. The seller said they are the first version, one sound bank at a time or something like that.

Hasid Lafre
05-02-2008, 02:08 AM
You mean usp? ups sucks and I will stick with usps as they dont destroy your package when they ship stuff.

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 02:10 AM
yep, i've had such great luck with USP so I just stick with them, sometimes I wait a few days longer but cheaper and it looks like it did when they picked it up.

Argillian
05-02-2008, 05:12 AM
This is a cool saber! i like the colors in the groves.

Darth Leximus
05-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm a fan of this saber man, I'm a big superman fan and its nice to see my two biggest nerd vices come together into something awesome. Well done

ArkaiHalon
05-02-2008, 07:21 AM
I'm a fan of this saber man, I'm a big superman fan and its nice to see my two biggest nerd vices come together into something awesome. Well done

Absolutley. I've got a bigger collection of Superman than i do Sabers, and this is an awesome way to combine them. Great Job on this one.

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice...and I think your "harnessed the power of the yellow sun" angle even makes sense for Superman to have one...that way if he were space travelling in a Red Sun system his SABER could power HIM!

[your saber could have come in handy for last night's 'return to Krypton' Smallville episode ;-)]

how did you do that S-Shield to wrap around the saber??? looks GREAT!

Congrats to all involved on a great saber!

morpheus1977
05-02-2008, 08:04 AM
its kinda hard to tell in the pics but how bright is the light while using the white LED with the filters? I was going to do that my self but I am a little hesitant to do that...

DDanDevious
05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
thats a great saber bro!

im not a huge superman fan, but I can appreciate the detail you put into it... that yellow blade is siiiiiiiick... love the color!

good work, now you can slice Lex Luthor in half.

DDD!

Drichar Deis
05-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Do you mean Darth Luthor!

eastern57
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
farking'ar dude... white p4 here I come...

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 11:39 AM
All the pics were taken after about an hour of playing with it so it's a little dull, but still brighter with the filters than the lux 3. The white was so bright I couldn't get the camera to get a good image. The pic with the yellow blade like I said has 4 filters on it, and I had to set the camera to lightning setting just so it wouldn't flare so bad. It's a bright little thing. I need some better filters before I can try some better purples and others, the light kept drowning out the darker colors, still bright just color really faded. I have been every bit satisfied with this LED, now if I wanted a RED or something similar I would go with a different one, but to get some of the custom colors there is no replacement, and remember this one is just resisted for now, I think with the CF it will be a bit brighter as well, side note, I left it on for about 30 mins, no heat to speak of, and batteries still look pretty good

Arm on Fire
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Great Job! What are you using for Battery, and resistor?

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I just used TIM's basic 4xAA holder with recharges 2.2 5 watt resistor the whole set up for the LUX 3, I have been really happy with the way it works, no heat, bright blade, Er dan wired the basic recharge port to the pack and i'm using energizer recharges the 2500 mah ones and i've been playing with it again all day today and still bright blade. I've had it on for about a total of 2.5 hours so far not constantly but on and off

Dark Helmet
05-02-2008, 07:19 PM
DUDE!! That thing is cool! One hell of a job on on tying together 2 universes ( how do you pluralize universe?...univi?) But nicely done, I love the color scheme and the originality of it all!

Er Dan Gill
05-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Wait till you see what Kalel and I are working on next!
Think a large semi truck that can morph into a robot:wink:

Dark Helmet
05-02-2008, 07:37 PM
HOLY @&^#&^&#^ HELLZ YEAH!!! I love this theme saber thing that's going on,it was cool on motorcycles but sabers are just begging for it

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Just got to talk NOVASTAR into doing the sound fonts

xl97
05-02-2008, 07:46 PM
whats the S badge made from? custom cut?

DARTH KALEL
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I have some custom one's, but that one was an emblem off of an arm band I had. It's a really wierd alloy mix of like brass and copper. I heated it with a small torch an kept forming it around the MHS till I got the shape I needed. Then sanded it down quite a bit, it lost about half it's depth. i'm still trying to find the right color paint for the emblem though, I want it to be like a bright yellow mettalic, i'm looking at nail polish and model paint. Then i'm going to clear coat the whole hilt. OH and the yellow rings in the lower hilt are not O rings they are colored in. The Key chain one is a little bigger and was the one i'm using for some acrylic molds due to the fact that it's "set" as in punched in pewter.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
05-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Very nice! I'm lovin' that saber!

I have to echo what others have said. I love the combination of the two themes! I know you posted a bit about your story, but I haven't seen the full story. Have you posted it?

I have always liked blue and green blades, but I have recently become a big fan of yellow blades, (as opposed to amber). Yellow definitely looks good on your saber. Any other color wouldn't be right.

DARTH KALEL
05-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Full story should be done by the weekend. It foils out pretty good the crystals play a big part. still not sure if i'm going to be able to tie into the same timeline that I was looking for due to lack of powerful characters IMO.http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/eradicator.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/9141_400x600.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/Picture016.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/Picture015.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/Picture013.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/DARTH-KAL-EL/Picture006.jpg

DARTH KALEL
05-05-2008, 01:16 AM
sorry just opened my photobucket account so let me know how the pics turned out.

jedi killer
05-10-2008, 06:13 PM
sweet i don't know why superman would have a lightsaber but i'm all for it next go batman and i liek how you watch the tyra banks show while playing with lightsabers thats awsome

DARTH KALEL
05-10-2008, 06:51 PM
lol keeps the wife off my back lol that and take home chef and all kinds of other bull s&** allows me free reign of the computer and area. My cross over story takes place in and around the known SW universe so superman doesn't have the same powers that he has on earth. Plus superman can be affected by the force. Lightsabers are pure energy without his full powers they can cut through him. other solar systems effect him differently, but to battle both sith and jedi he needs a lightsaber.

eastern57
05-10-2008, 08:53 PM
He can be affected by the force - but is he force sensitive? And understandably, he would battle sith, but why would Superman, of all people, battle a jedi? unless he finds, mr.billy-badass-I-am-the-law jedi. Would a differently radiated sun sway his personality too, like red kryptonite?

xl97
05-10-2008, 09:01 PM
a differeent radiated planet with anothger suns color would affect hsi powers.. his personality? no clue.. maybe though..I don tsee it being far fetched or anything..

and yeah the force WOULD affect him...yes? being 'magic/mental' in nature..

SM's physical abilites and durabiltywould be KEY in any fight though..

eastern57
05-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm starting to like the idea of "Darth Kalel". If he were to let his powers corrupt his spirit... a powerful sith he would become...
Imagine the chaos of trying to control a sith lord with:
the prowess of Maul
the cunning of Sidious
the power of Bane
the command of Revan...
...and the pure Blackness of Vader!

That would be an unstoppable foe, DO IT, KALEL, DO IT!!!

DARTH KALEL
05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes different solar systems do effect him. A red sun system would make him normal. He would still have his vision abilities and dense structure, still be tough but would not be superman, now under a green sun he would be tormented physically and mentally, and a blue sun would make him different all together, gives him all kinds of telekinesis powers and mental powers with his normal speed and flight but not as strong. The yellow sun makes him the strongest, and multiple star systems have different effects and never the same one. He has the ability to control the force because of his crystals and structure absorbing midi chloreans, He is a conduit for the force. In my story Kalel runs into an ancient sith who cannot defeat him. But kalel won't kill him, and makes the sith teach him everything he knows, while the sith cannot defeat him he uses all his powers while teaching to corrupt kalels mind when he finds out about Kryptonite, he trys to use it against him. His fatal mistake, in using the kryptonite to torture kalel, he awakens the dark side within superman!! Kalel relishes in the pain making him stronger and stronger in the dark side. When the pain started to fade till it was gone kalel reached out with his new powers and envisioned the sith lord choking, with another thought the kryptonite was destroyed, then just laying there pieces of the fallen sith, His power was astonishing in destroying the kryptonite he obliterated the sith as well. Oh well.

Hey here's some other pic's of some updated idea's for the superman saber!!
And a pic of a blue filter i have on the P4 I've been alternating from that to yellow alot. I just can't get a red but when the optics are out for the tri rebel i'll be rocking a dual red with yellow for clash, but that will be in the Sith superman saber.

DARTH KALEL
05-14-2008, 05:13 PM
some updated pics of some concepts above.

eastern57
05-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Are you going for a "Superman THEMED saber"? Like Orange County Chopper Themed Bikes?

Or "Superman's Saber"? As in, this is the lightsaber Superman carries?

CybKnight
05-15-2008, 03:24 AM
I think his nick and his avatar speaks for itself. ;)