PDA

View Full Version : hasbro hilt

reddragon56
04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
ok im newbie to the forums and plz dont kill me for questioning but i didnt see a thread on one yet. but wanting to know if anyone has tryed using a hasbro hilt stand alone with a luxeon conversion of some sort? i mean it would be cheaper and be able to use the c batts with them no other wiring should have to go into it if u can use most of the existing hardware for it. downside would be durability with the plastic casing jw if anyone has made one and any input or advice if they could thanks!

Dark Navel
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I know that Do-Clo did this with a Hasbro Dooku saber. Try asking him as he may have further insight on answering your question.

Stinky Bantha
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
The most time-consuming part I would think would be making or fitting a bladeholder into the original casing, but with some ingenuity it could be done. You just need something that will give you the 1" inner diameter for the blade to fit in, and something to sit the LED on.

DarthFender
04-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Tim's 1.25" sinktube blade holder comes to mind, but depending on the style of the hilt. I got a Luke RotJ hilt for my Youngling, and I think that the 1.25 blade holder with its heatsink would do just about right. Some of the blade holder will probaby stick out above the flat part of the emitter, but I think they refer to that as the Hero Emiter :smile:.

reddragon56
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
well some of the hasbro sabers i dont think would fare well , i have like 3 of the quigonjinn sabers that are collecting dust and they seem to be the best likly candidate for a swap all the others seem "too cheap" but ill look into the tube adaptor

Dark Navel
04-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I seem to remember that a 1" copper tube fits a blade perfectly. I've made heatsinks out of copper washers as well.

Ghostbat
04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I just took a hasbro Dooku apart for some of it's components and a few parts withstood a couple really good hits with an 8 pound sledge!!

I can maybe see dremeling one of these out to take a blade holder and having it stand up pretty OK :)

Edit: I should note that the sledgehammer was a last ditch method of disassembly, it's not really my go-to tool :)