PDA

View Full Version : Free Legacy of the Force book download

JasonEuc
04-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Del-Rey is offering a free download of "Betrayal" here (http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/sw_legacy.html).

PDF, audio book, Kindle, Sony eReader formats.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
ooh interesting, I'll have to download the audio portion for when I'm walking to work.

JasonEuc
04-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I D/L'd the audio also. It's in MP3, and the ID tags are a bit screwed up for direct import to iTunes so I had to use an editor to get them all lined up and playing nice w/ cover art.

Enjoy!

DarthFender
04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Jason,

Thanks for the tip.

Vecna
04-30-2008, 12:58 AM
nice find there :D

Jeescook
04-30-2008, 01:40 AM
How do i import it to itunes?

JasonEuc
04-30-2008, 03:38 AM
How do i import it to itunes?

First step: download audio book and extract the ZIP to a folder on your hard drive (doesn't matter where).

Then, I used an image capture program to snap a shot of the book cover (in 300x300 JPG format). Save to disk.

Prior to import:
I recommend using an MP3 tag editor (I used Mp3tag (http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=44) in portable format).

Open the folder that you unzipped.

Select all files so the changes you make apply to all of them at once (that way you don't have to modify 85 files by hand).

There's a wizard which makes changing file settings for all 85 audio segments pretty simple (Filename > tag).

Changed the tag title to be the file name, using the conversion wizard with %title% as the only argument (so they're now 1-01 blah blah blah, 1-02 blah blah blah).

Changed the album name to eliminate the (Disk 1), (Disk 2) at the end.

Changed the track numbering to 1/85, 2/85, etc (by hand, PITA - there might be an easier way).

Drag the JPG of the book cover to the lower left corner where album artwork should reside.

Press: SAVE to apply the changes to all the files.

Now you're ready to import to iTunes. Open iTunes. Drag the folder of the MP3 files to your library. Release.

Done.

You can skip all the "prework", but it definitely makes for a cleaner import, plus the book cover appears as 1 entry under coverflow.

Good luck! (BTW, this is the first time I attempted such, so there might be easier ways to do things. this wasn't tough, so you should be able to manage.)

Drichar Deis
04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Downloaded!

PDF Form anyway, now I just need a chance to sit down and read it!

Darth Leximus
04-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Really good book, really good series. I'm anxiously awaiting the final installment 2 more weeks!