PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Sith Saber in Paint

thornwolf
04-24-2008, 10:10 AM
After I put together my first saber, my wife started looking on the store.

Well, I placed an order for some parts and I'll get putting it together for her.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/thornwolf45/Sithsaber2.jpg

She wanted a hilt 4 that has the deep grooves powdercoated black and the small grooves will have red-orings. I know the store ones don't fit perfectly in hilt 4, but they'll do for now until I find thinner.

She works with a woman from Japan who has training in kendo and Iaido and has a samuri background. She has put us in touch with a dojo, so starting next month my wife and I are going to attempt to take some Iaido classes, then film a fight between us and do the rotoscoping and maybe ( if i get better at it) some greenscreen.

Hopefully in a little while I'll actually have film clips of my wife, myself, and brother totally geeking it out in my backyard.

37H4N
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Looks good, very sith like!
It's always good to hear about the wives or girlfriends getting into sabers 'cause this kinda thing usualy seems dorky or stupid to them, or they just don't get it. My experience, mom and some friends. :lol:

chase
04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Wow, I WISH my wife would duel with me....as hard as I try, I get the same answer every time "I'll go to Cons with you and dress up, but I'm not going to duel...sorry honey".

*shakes fist at sky*

DARTH KALEL
04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
yeah I feel your pain, my wife doesn't even understand the movies or what the force is. If it wasn't for my martial arts background she would be totally against the lightsabers but I duel with them and use them in place of bamboo for training so it's ok, plus they blend nicely with my steel and titanium swords.

thornwolf
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Believe me I know I'm lucky on this one. I don't know too many married guys who get to spring out of closets at their wife in the dark with a lightsaber and have her actually laugh about it.

We already go to the Renaissance Faire together in costume so it didn't take much to convince her. While initially she said she didn't want her own, once I suggested we start using some special effects computer stuff and start taking a martial art to learn some technique she was on board. Plus we already have a sword collection and pieces of armor in the house, and we already play paintball together.

Now, all I have to do is avoid getting whipped by my wife on film.
I see it now, I build her saber, get my brother to film a sequence, get beaten to a pulp because I hold up and don't go full out against her (and she knows it), then as I wrap the bandages around my skull, I'll be rotoscoping the deafeat for youtube, and she'll gloat for weeks.

I always wanted to rotoscope, I just never thought it would be a "family" project.

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
So jealous of you Thornwolf! My wife hates anything that isnt "Jordan and Peter"!

SWAT Strachan
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
So jealous of you Thornwolf! My wife hates anything that isnt "Jordan and Peter"!You have my abject sympathy :(.

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Cheers SWAT, weve all got our cross to bear! SHE WONT EVEN DRINK A CUP OF TEA! THE HEATHEN!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-24-2008, 01:10 PM
So jealous of you Thornwolf! My wife hates anything that isnt "Jordan and Peter"!

Umm... Who?

I guess I'm pretty lucky. My wife is tolerant of my saber related stuff, and even bought me the material for my costume. I just wish I could convince her to let me build her a saber of her own. She's not that interested.

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Umm... Who?

I guess I'm pretty lucky. My wife is tolerant of my saber related stuff, and even bought me the material for my costume. I just wish I could convince her to let me build her a saber of her own. She's not that interested.

Jordan - The model with big hooters

Peter Andre - Mysterious Girl

Theyve got their own TV show.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
english pop culture =/= american pop culture, even I miss most of the brit refferences.

DARTH KALEL
must be a UK thing, never heard of them before. My wife is getting better about it, she is going to let me build the little ones lightsaber and costume for the next convention, Sith master and his young apprentice, it's going to be awesome.

Darth Leximus
I like the saber man should look good upside your head! jk

As far as wives go, you got a keeper for sure. My wife thought I had gone off the deep end of the dork pool with no arm floaties when I said I was gonna start building lightsabers...then my first MHS parts came. She sat and watched me put it together and then she helped me hold wires while I soldered. Then I hit the switch and lit that red sithy goodness up...her next words were "Can you make one with a purple light?" and a monster was born!

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 01:24 PM
So so jealous! Might have to trade the wife in at the next Celebration Europe (if there ever is another one!). The daughter wants one pink of course! the 10 year old boy wants one red like daddys! and the 6 month boy dont get a choice! ;)

Tom Starkiller
04-24-2008, 02:06 PM
and the 6 month boy dont get a choice! ;)

Awwwww... I was so close. :(

:P XD

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Man, iam deffinatly not letting kids or a wife slow the progress of my star wars nerdom.

DDanDevious
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Believe me I know I'm lucky on this one. I don't know too many married guys who get to spring out of closets at their wife in the dark with a lightsaber and have her actually laugh about it...

dude my wife is cool with the sabers too... I started building her one, and I was showing her the hilt to see if it was long enough, and shes not really planning to duel with me but she starts holding it different ways kind of getting the feel and shes like maybe a few centimeters less to balance it out if I have a shorter blade... and I was like whoa I love you... hahaha... shes a bada$$ though... she plays Roller Derby so I dunno why she wouldnt want to duel with me? yarp.

hmmm

DDD!

DaJoQuim
04-24-2008, 03:02 PM
wow good luck with everything!!Great looking saber indeed!!I have a wife who knows about starwars and will pull a lightsaber on me once in a while lol!!

DARTH KALEL
04-24-2008, 07:23 PM
The little one loves the lightsabers always trying to spin and battle as she says baabbelll. only 21 months. The wife thinks it's fun as long as i include the little one. She wouldn't try to duel with me she would just try to smack me in the head with it, might be a good training tool lol