PDA

View Full Version : White Lux. V???

Count Malik
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi all, well for my new saber I'll be running a lux. V and a CF v4. Which will be here around the end of may. This gives me time to build the rest of my saber. But for a lux. V LED color (first color for the saber) would white with yellow color disks be a good color? Or a Royal Blue. Any suggestions would be helpful.:confused:

Dark Helmet
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I had a white luxV and a k2, the k2 looked much better and handled the filter better. I was using the tcss filter for a while then switch to a spotlight filter (it was a bit lighter in color). overall i was pretty unsatisfied with the filtered setup. I was VERY pleased with my royal blue though.

EDIT: I still have the luxV white if you want it, I don't plan on using it. this way you can get the blue and compare them, otherwise this led will just collect dust.

xl97
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
wow.. I have some P4 whites coming.. Im bummed to hear you didnt like white with any filter... :(

Hasid Lafre
04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
LuxV white dosent even come close to sneezing at a p4. get a p4.

Dark Helmet
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I haven't gotten the chance to use a p4 yet, but the both of the lux's looked great as a white blade, i just got tired of the filters quickly.

edit: Hasid, we were posting at the same time so I missed that, I think my next saber will get one, Iv'e been seeing them pop up more frequently here and they do look killer...

Count Malik
04-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Mmm.. I take your guys advice and stick with the Royal Blue. Thanks.

Count Malik
04-22-2008, 09:36 PM
But still one day I mght go for it. Thanks for the offer dark helmet (I'll PM you if can get some time.)

DARTH KALEL
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
yeah i'm going with a p4 in the superman saber with some custom polycarb amber oakley lenses. ski goggles that i broke awhile back and noticed the lens are polycarb and highly transparent, I will hope to have everything done byt the weekend.

Malaki Skywalker
04-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Get A P4 Count, brightest white in saber building and it has the power needs of a Lux III! :D

Count Malik
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Malaki sounds like the best option for a white w/yellow filters. One thing though is, can they be run off a 7.2v Nimh so I could use quick connectors with other Lux. V colors?

Get A P4 Count, brightest white in saber building and it has the power needs of a Lux III! :D

Novastar
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
It can, BUT it has the voltage specifications more akin to a Lux III (3.7 to 3.9ish v)... he said so below. :) Well.. someone did.

Anyhow--figure out some kind of resistor solution and attach it WITH your quick disconnect, and it COULD indeed be somewhat "hot-swappable"... depending.

But... giving 7.2 or 7.4v to something that needs 4v or so is best via a driver of some sort.

Zero Unit
04-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Just a guess, but a 1000mA buckpuck, perhaps? That way, the result is a nicely driven P4, or an overdriven Lux V?

Count Malik
04-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Well I'll be using a CF v4 but since it won't be here until mid to end of May. So I wanted to get all my parts ready so when it gets here I will be able to start on it.:-D So I dicided to start on the LED.

Count Malik
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Well I found the battery I'll be using. It has enough power to power a Lux. III and maybe a P4 (battery is a 4.8v 2600mah NiMH 4 cell stick pack, basicly the same thing sold in the shop.:p) So whould I be able to swap between those LEDs? And How bright are the P4 blues, Reds, and Greens? Thanks for the info.:mrgreen::rolleyes: