PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene

Darth Evicerous
04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Hello everybody,I couldn't believe when I found this site this is the greatest.Ihaven't been able to build yet but,she's all planned out in my head.

xl97
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
welcome.. check out the site & the store..

I would suggest reading (and then reading some more).. they arent the friendliest bunch here when you rnew..thats for sure..

the patience of a Jedi they have ONLY after you've been here for a few. ;)

that being said the gallery section and the sticky thread at the top of EACH section are good reads to get you up to speed and informed.. :)

Dolan Amtar
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome! Yeah, this is a great place, haven't been here too long myself, but the wealth of information is qutie astounding.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
welcome to the forums!

DDanDevious
04-22-2008, 02:00 PM
welcome...

+1 to reading as much of these forums as possible. It will answer all of your questions... and then some.

have fun.

DDD!

Darth Leximus
04-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Very true I read for 3 weeks before I built

Er Dan Gill
04-22-2008, 08:08 PM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/tongue/wazzup_sg.gif

xl97
04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
It will be alot to take in.. and some of it wont even make sense unless you ask..

but once you know.. the rest of the information will be easier to understand..

also try to search on yoru topic.. but if the terms/comments made do not make sense.. then just post for help..

there will be some who are never happy and would rather 'complain' then post helpful comments..but for the most part someoen will come along and post good, helpful info. :)

I woudl make sure you understand what is the bare minimum to make a saber.. and what is needed to create a full blown saber.. and decide on where your wants/needs stand (and bank account) ;) lol

Again.. the gallery was immensely helpful.. I got ideas.. and then search terms on what they used so I could read up on it.

Drichar Deis
04-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Ill just say Hi!

DARTH KALEL
04-23-2008, 04:05 AM
have fun and don't twist your brain out, there is a ton of knowledge here, just sometimes hard to find, so stay patient and read lol nice to have you hear and hope to see a saber of your own soon.

Barmic Rin
04-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome! Please read though before posting, as there are few questions that haven't already been answered somewhere along the lines.

they arent the friendliest bunch here when you rnew..thats for sure..
the patience of a Jedi they have ONLY after you've been here for a few. ;)
:)

We ARE a great bunch, we just get bored with people asking the same questions over and over with no research done themselves!

xl97
04-23-2008, 02:38 PM
I didnt say everyone....

also you can read some thing.. and still NOT understand what the acronyms or terminology means.. and hence..if you want to learn/understand you need to post.. (monitors dont answer back)

for the time it takes for many of those posts flaming or yelling at a perosn who posts.. it could have been faster and easier to post a link.. heck..you dont even have to answer AT ALL if you feel its a whats of yoru time to answer a question.. just skip it.. you'll be happier. I am NOT saying one should not search.. but I dont think it answers everything everyone thinks it does. I can search/read a post on some forward watts/volts/current..etc I still need help understanding it...

Saves tons of time by just skipping the threads you feel are redundant I suppose.

Ghostbat
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
I didnt say everyone....

also you can read some thing.. and still NOT understand what the acronyms or terminology means.. and hence..if you want to learn/understand you need to post.. (monitors dont answer back)

What usually gets peoples goat are the "how do I build a saber like these ones?" kind of posts. The search isn't that great so I never expect people to find every little thing that has been done before, but there is a tutorial section divided pretty logically by subject and by reading through those your questions automatically become more relevant.

If someone new comes on and asks "Ok, I read through the tutorials but I still don't quite understand how the led and heatsink work together, do I need paste or are the screws enough?" they are going to get a good answer. If it is obvious that they ignored all the "read this first" the index posts, and the tutorials then we get a little snippy :)

There are basics and there are details. The basics are easy to find, the details not so much, we generally don't mind answering detail oriented questions that have come up before, but "How do the hilt pieces attach together" makes teeth grind.

DARTH KALEL
05-04-2008, 03:38 PM
yeah it's really hard finding some of the topics, thankfully though with a little mind trick they are as helpful as R2 on the falcon lol. They are all great guys and girls lol. don't be afraid to ask a question no matter how small, someone will either answer it for you or send you the link, just be prepared for a few grumpy replies.