PDA

View Full Version : Crystals and interior of the Lightsaber

Fredhemm
04-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey, I wonder what those Acrylic Crystals is for? Just showoff to the interior of the Lightsaber or?
And how much space is it for the crystals if you got the LED/EL stuff inside too?

SWAT Strachan
04-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Watch and learn. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKLv0g6-2o)

They're mostly used for building crystal chambers, to simulate the force crystal that is used to generate the blade on 'real' sabers. As for space, well, that depends on how big you make the hilt. I doubt it would fit in just a single hilt section (unless you're running it on watch batteries :mrgreen:). As far as I know there are no pre-made chambers available, so whether or not it will fit depends entirely on how you build it.

eastern57
04-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Madcow sells pre-made crystal chambers.

SWAT Strachan
04-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Madcow sells pre-made crystal chambers.See, I learn something new in this place every day! Does he have a website or is it by personal request? I'm tempted with making my own as I have some magnetic multi-coloured flashing LED things that I thought about using, rather than sticking to one colour.

eastern57
04-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Genesis custom lightsabers

http://www.freewebs.com/genesis_sabers/index.htm

SWAT Strachan
04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Cheers for that :).

Jhadious Aran
08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
they're also pretty easy to make if you can find the parts small enough.

metal spacers
washers
w/e kind of bolt you wan to use to hold i together with nuts of course
and then a lil rubber stopper type deal to hold the crystal in place.

course ordering them saves you tie and aggrivation so everyone makes their own choices :) hope that helps.

Hasid Lafre
08-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Crystal chambers dont take that much space. you just got to plan everything before hand. Persionally I think its ugly to vut holes in teh hilt side so it can be seen but then again we cant open the mhs up like a graflex and desplay it like yoda at fxsabers makes his.

Persionally I think it would be cool for a display thing only really, like a cutaway saber.