PDA

View Full Version : Again!?

Clockwork
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Hopefully I got abit luckier here, But it appears all the CF's were sold out in under 5 minutes this time!

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:11 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iv'e been watching that ticker all morning, all to go through checkout and have it tell me it's sold out when i am about to complet my freakin order!somebody please shoot me, or stabb me with you CF powerd saber so I can die partially satisfied. Did someone buy 20 or what?it's ridiculous.

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Just the one here, I thought two would be pushing my luck (and bank account).

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:16 AM
I'll repeat my earlier comment:

Since I lost out on the CF4 (damn you work!), if someone is selling a CF3 board, shoot me a PM or email or something. I will buy it.

Clockwork
04-19-2008, 11:16 AM
ok folks, I really have an issue with this kind of orders... I mean, the stock is decreased when the website receives the confirmation of the paypal payment... This leads to weird things and I went negative again cause people are able to order while some payments are pending. I have to fix that in the future.
Some of you guys might be cancelled, meaning that I have to really find another solution for selling those.

Don't ask, don't send emails, I'll notify clearly in this post until which order it's fine
Erv'

Looks like we might have the problem again, just on a lesser scale

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
yes me too, if anyone has a CF 3.0 they want to sell, please tell me.

Sohryu76
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I bought one...
lucky me...
it was 2pm EST (8pm Paris)
and there were 45 left...
i complete my order, reload the page... and they are all gone...

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Now that I've gotten un-frustrated (I put down a couple hundred bucks on other parts and tools, and now I don't have the most important piece - I think a few minutes of frustration is authorized ;) ), I think this is a sign about how much we like Erv's work on this. (And how scarily devoted we are to this hobby. How many other niche, home-made products like this get sold out in 5 minutes?)

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:27 AM
none, im actually surprised how pissed this has gotten me, over a soundboard. But as it's the greatest thing invented, it's left me shaking with rage.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
goddamnit!

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Remember there will be another 50 released in a few weeks.

Leave the Plectorlabs site open and just add the items to your basket ahead of time, then when zero-hour approaches keep hitting F5 until they're no longer shown as out of stock. As soon as you see they're available, hit that checkout button fast! I must admit, I didn't expect them to go that quickly, I just wanted to be in as prepared a position as possible to get one.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Okay, seriously, if it's gotten you that worked up, maybe you need to take a minute and go concentrate on something completely unrelated to Star Wars, or go take a nap, or something. In the long run, it's not a big deal, and I'm certian that sooner or later, you'll be able to get a CF board.

Granted, you might feel right now that that'll be around the time that we develop the technology to create real lightsabers, but still. :cool: Look at me - in the last 48 hours I've spent, off the cuff, $250 on parts and tools for my first - first! - saber. I don't have a Hasbro to cut open (and I can't quite convince myself to spend $100 on something I'm just going to hack apart to get two or three pieces from), so unless someone else starts putting out boards like CF, I'm in a holding pattern.

And I'm fine with it, despite some initial frustration. There will be other chances to get CF4, and I'd be surprised if nobody will sell an older CF board at this point.

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:53 AM
You haven't even made the hilt yet? Thats why you can take this sort of an attitude toward this. It's different when you've been using a soundless saber for months, staring at that hilt and eagerly awaiting that final component to complete it, and then you find out you can't.

Novastar
04-19-2008, 05:50 PM
FIVE minutes?

Holy moses--I mean, I *just* got back from working all day, hahha

Do I need to make ANOTHER video? hahahah

killphil
04-19-2008, 05:53 PM
This time you can quite literally call it "CF-Gone in 60 Seconds" because thats practically the reality of it.

xwingband
04-19-2008, 07:46 PM
FIVE minutes?

Holy moses--I mean, I *just* got back from working all day, hahha

Do I need to make ANOTHER video? hahahah

Please do!

It will come for people that are persistent. In the meanwhile plan more or invest in the saber it's going in more. I've got a few hundred each in three sabers waiting to have installs. It's worth it.

I've just thought about the boards I've experienced... V1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5, 2.63, 3.0... every single one, even the V1.1, kicks the ever living pants off ANY other system out there.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I personally would be happy just to get ahold of one the earlier versions, as it seems to be impossible (at least for me anyway) to get any of the new ones.

xl97
04-20-2008, 06:19 AM
ditto..

man..

cant find old ones.. new ones are joke (to aquire that is)...

the CF's are turning into the 1.25 bladeholders.. (myths) ;) lol

BOOOOOO!... :)

SpectreT65
04-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Please do!

It will come for people that are persistent. In the meanwhile plan more or invest in the saber it's going in more. I've got a few hundred each in three sabers waiting to have installs. It's worth it.

I've just thought about the boards I've experienced... V1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5, 2.63, 3.0... every single one, even the V1.1, kicks the ever living pants off ANY other system out there.
<baawww>eh, Seems like a colossal waste of time and effort to keep tinkering with the chassis if it's never going to get an engine, y'know? And the way these things move... Realistically, I'll see G*d before I see a CF of any generation</baawww>

...Glad I got that out of my system...

:D

Seriously, congratulations, Erv'! All that hard work and a truly phenomenal product - It, and you, deserve all the success you've seen with it.

Five frikkin minutes. Un-be-lieve-able!

Novastar
04-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Please do!

I've just thought about the boards I've experienced... V1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 2.5, 2.63, 3.0... every single one, even the V1.1, kicks the ever living pants off ANY other system out there.Holy cow, you've tried more versions than I've ever SEEN. And I'm supposedly Mr. sound designer, lol.

Anyhow... OK, I *WILL* make another video. Let's see... we'll have to demo:

* EP I Sounds (Mauly!)
* NecroVolt
* Elemental: Water
* Elemental: Earth (if I get that one completed)
* Shaolin Saber 'Zen' (inspired by Jonitus' request to make this font for him, and he's happy to share!)
* Magic Saber (more of a magic wand for younglings, maybe young gals? I dunno... just having more fun)
* Nano-Tech Saber (if I get THAT one completed!)

Yup, there are a bunch more sound fonts now. Granted, they are not ALL your according-to-Burtt SW fonts, but... I really can only do so many.

I still have never figured out how to make the "Killer Bee" font for Corbin... sorry Corbin!! But it may be neat for people to know that "Ancient Saber" came out of my failure (so-to-speak) to get the Bee font correct.

I will say this... the Episode I font is about as movie accurate as it gets. It couldn't be much closer as far as I know.

If anyone has anything to say about Episode III or Episode V be my guest and PM me or something. I'll see if I can't make something for them. But... it's pretty busy and VERY laborious to get all of these things correct....

...I mean the CD is quite literally going to have over 500 sounds on it! I sure hope that's enough. lol

Ghostbat
04-21-2008, 09:46 AM
My tale of CF Woe: AKA "I did it to myself"

So here I was scrambling to make funds available, ready to be clicking refresh madly to try to get one of these wonderful boards. I take a quick glance at my macbooks international clock and...

Oh yeah...

France is 9 hours ahead of California... not behind... wrong operator.

Hand, Face, Smack

So in some Bizzarro universe where the earth turns the other direction Bizzarro me is installing a Crystal Focus in his toaster.

Ow :)

SWAT Strachan
04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
So here I was scrambling to make funds available, ready to be clicking refresh madly to try to get one of these wonderful boards. I take a quick glance at my macbooks international clock and...Just install MacSaber (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21732) instead :D.

Ghostbat
04-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Just install MacSaber (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21732) instead :D.

If I could figure out how to get the laptop into a ribbed section I would be tempted :)

Darth Tollo
04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Franken-Vader Says “Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!!!”

SWAT Strachan
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
If I could figure out how to get the laptop into a ribbed section I would be tempted :)Stick it in a rucksack and just jump around as you swing the saber :mrgreen:.

TD-2272
04-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Now that I've gotten un-frustrated (I put down a couple hundred bucks on other parts and tools, and now I don't have the most important piece - I think a few minutes of frustration is authorized ;) ), I think this is a sign about how much we like Erv's work on this. (And how scarily devoted we are to this hobby. How many other niche, home-made products like this get sold out in 5 minutes?)

AMEN!!! Brother

Hasid Lafre
04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Iam still trying to fit this into my saber design.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Misc%20Pics/Animal%20Pics/maccat-iz-waitin-to-sync-w-iphone.jpg

Barmic Rin
04-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Damn weird work hours!!!!!!!

I was gonna grab one this time, but my body clock has been messed upthis week!!!!!!

Has, you are too much sometimes!!!! +1 internetz to you!

Count Malik
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
21 of us including myself got CFs just we will get them later due to buying them out of stock but at least we will get CF!:smile:

savyas
04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Amen! And no daughters were injured in the purchase of this CF :)

MaliceMcGuire
05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
ok where do I look to be ready to jump? where do I try and get a CF sound system?

Hasid Lafre
05-22-2008, 12:37 AM
N ot to sound like an ass or anything but have you tryed searching?

Darth_DevilGuy
05-26-2008, 03:24 AM
plecterlabs sells them good luck on getting one though, it's as much about being lucky as anything, they go so fast.

Count Malik
05-26-2008, 10:23 AM
You would have to jump like a wambat! Lol! JK!:rolleyes::D