PDA

View Full Version : heatsink question

larams
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know if the heatsink that comes with an MHS blade holder is adaquate for cooling a Cree XR-E Q2 running at 1 amp?

Also will any of the optics used on Luxeons work with the Cree XR-E?

xwingband
04-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know if the heatsink that comes with an MHS blade holder is adaquate for cooling a Cree XR-E Q2 running at 1 amp?

Also will any of the optics used on Luxeons work with the Cree XR-E?

Yes.

No, to a degree I believe... I think you have to have a special holder. The lens might be okay, but they work in tandem. I would do a google search or something for Carclo optics and see if they have a Cree specific one. Someone else may chime in, I've been using Seoul's so I'm not sure on the issue.

larams
04-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I figured I'd put this info up that I found in case others might find it useful. There are some optics made for Cree XR-E sold at Arrow NAC. They are a dollar a piece. You can use product code FRC-N1-XR79-0R in there search engine to find them. I ordered 5 just to test them out. Hopefully I will get them in a week or so. I'll post back info once I get them.

DARTH KALEL
04-19-2008, 02:19 PM
so xwing with the seouls can you use the optics for the lux 3 since it's a direct relacement and what about the p7 have you tried anything with that?

GFORCE13
05-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Hello There I don't know the difference of a Q2 but I am currently using CREE XR-E Q5's in 3 of my L.Sabers , 2 MHS, 1 Sink Pipe Custom, all using CSS Heat Sinks it has been over a half a year and no problems, you can even use the Lux3 Lens holder all you have to do is just lightly sand the center plastic brace a little bit and the Lux 3 Collimator also fits fine.