PDA

View Full Version : What's the dimensions?

Draconis Magnus
04-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi,

I was searching for the exact measurements of the MHS stuff... so I'll just ask here, I'm looking for the Outer Diameter measurement of each. Cause I'm actually thinking of getting a pvc pipe big enough to encase one MHS tube so I can carve the PVC pipe into a decoration around the MHS saber.. any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks!

Draconis

Strydur
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
The OD is 1.45" Lowes or Home Depot should sell pvc that fits nicely.

Draconis Magnus
04-18-2008, 10:34 AM
*bows* Awesome.. thank you!

Malaki Skywalker
04-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Speaking of dimensions, whats the ID for the ribbed section?

Thanks

Red Five
04-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Id = 1.15"

tumblemonster
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Do all the MHS parts have the same ID? I am building several stunt props and want to mount carbon fiber and/or aluminum stunt blades in the hilts. I'd like to use MHS to build all the sabers, but I have to make sure it's doable!

Thanks in advance.

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
The OD is 1.45" Lowes or Home Depot should sell pvc that fits nicely.

Id = 1.15"

Do all the MHS parts have the same ID? I am building several stunt props and want to mount carbon fiber and/or aluminum stunt blades in the hilts. I'd like to use MHS to build all the sabers, but I have to make sure it's doable!

Thanks in advance.

*Sigh*

Onli-Won Kanomi
01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Hasid thats a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isnt there already.

Swordlord
01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Hasid that's a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isn't there already.
I'd like to see the 'Dimensions' tabs under items in the store contain data. Tim puts some - but not all - of the dimensions in the 'Description' tab, but as far as I can see, the 'Dimension' tab is being wasted.

Lord Maul
01-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Hasid thats a good link and yeah noobs SHOULD read it first...but that link while containing pretty much everything ELSE about the MHS does NOT contain simple dimensional data about the MHS system...not even the O.D and particularly the I.D. of the basic double female hilt and extensions...so its not unreasonable that even AFTER reading that a noob might still ask.

Perhaps that data needs to be added to that thread...its a rather basic concern but also a rather basic oversight that it isnt there already.

I'm going to add it in right now :cool:

EDIT: If someone can post the inner diameter of the choke points I would be grateful ;)

acerocket
01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
I believe the id of the choke sections is .8" diameter.

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
What does my sig link have anything to do with anything? the only dimention that wasent mentioned was the regular mhs ID sections which is larger than the ribbed sections.

I give up.

Lord Maul
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
I believe the id of the choke sections is .8" diameter.

Thanks Erik :-D

I've updated the MHS thread with the IDs and ODs of various parts everyone ;)

Swordlord
01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Erik :-D

I've updated the MHS thread with the IDs and ODs of various parts everyone ;)

Thank you!

Tradeliphine
03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Ive looked and searched a good bit for the MHS thread size, like the actual specs, Ive found how to unstick them, and how to tighten them up, and all sorts of OD and ID for the diff MHS parts, but no actual thread size. I would appreciate it if anyone knows it and can post, thanks much

Darth Demens
03-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Its a proprietary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proprietary) thread, I believe.

xl97
03-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Its a proprietary (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proprietary) thread, I believe.

huh?.........

Darth Demens
03-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Its a custom thread that Tim has. You're not gonna find regular parts at the Home Depot that use this thread.

Tradeliphine
03-20-2009, 02:41 AM
actually tim gave me the thread size in an email, dunno if he wants it posted publicly so thats up to him, but I have found a place that can get me a tap and die type set for it. Im not looking to horn in on any mhs making, I just have like 60 mhs pieces from previous grab bags that need more work than a thread restoring file can do i think.

edit: btw proprietary refers to something only you use, usually that you came up with, a process or style that others didnt create, you cant really label a size as proprietary, otherwise any fool could do it " I here by claim it as my invention to drink mountain dew out of an 80 oz cup, anyone else wishing to do so must pay me "