PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Draconis Magnus
04-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Hello and greetings to all,

My name is Ron, and I'll be going by the handle Draconis Magnus here on these forums. Just would like to introduce myself. I'm excited about learning the art of creating a lightsaber using LEDs, soundboards, polycarb tubes and anything you can find. I've made one lightsaber from plumping pipe so far in my life and right now am designing another one. I'll show it here once it's all done. I'll probably modify it several times from all the great ideas I find on these forums.. until then.. May the Force be with you.

Draconis

DarthFender
04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome to the forums, Ron! With a name like the Great Dragon, you must be a Sith. Sith are always welcome here. Er.......Jedi too.

Draconis Magnus
04-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks Darth Fender... it's a very ancient name I have, it was born in the day when I played AD&D after school in Junior High! oh man... long time ago.. *sigh* but yeah, it does have a Sith sound to it.. I'm kinda of developing a character to along with the name. Like my lightsaber.. it's still in the design phase. :) btw, I like your avatar icon!

Darth_DevilGuy
04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
welcome to the boards

Drichar Deis
04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
New York?

You looked up New York Jedi?

Oh yeah welcome to the forum ;)

Draconis Magnus
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
New York?

Thanks for the welcome all...

yes, I did look up New York Jedi.. it's seems like a great organization, however, I registered on their forums 3 days ago, emailed them and still haven't gotten my username authorized to use the boards there. Maybe it's a Jedi test of patience. *shrugs*

DarthFender
04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
:) btw, I like your avatar icon!

Thanks. It combines my obsessions.

DDanDevious
04-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome all...

yes, I did look up New York Jedi.. it's seems like a great organization, however, I registered on their forums 3 days ago, emailed them and still haven't gotten my username authorized to use the boards there. Maybe it's a Jedi test of patience. *shrugs*

welcome!

I signed up for their boards about a month ago and it took about a week or so for them to authorize me... just takes a bit of patience! A good group of folks over there...

again, welcome...

DDD!

Tom Starkiller
04-18-2008, 11:15 AM
New York?

Lol, I love you UK Jedi are giving referals to NYJedi. :P

Welcome Draconis.

Drichar Deis
04-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Lol, I love you UK Jedi are giving referals to NYJedi. :P

Welcome Draconis.

Well us UK-Jedi dont have a site as yet (unless someone wants to make us one? :) ), and hes in NY, so it makes sense to spread the word.

Sethski
04-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Ron, welcome to the boards ;)

Have fun, look forward to seeing your saber idea develop.