PDA

View Full Version : Male-male connector

Darth Sarris
04-17-2008, 12:57 PM
From what I can see in the store, the only way to put two male connections together is by adding at least two inches to the saber length using a 2" double female connector. Is there a way to connect two male parts without a custom piece or significantly increasing the length of my design?

For example, let's say I have a blade holder, a pommel, and two ribbed extensions. At either the pommel side or the blade holder side, I would have two male connections, but (assuming they would fit together) that is the length and design I want.

SWAT Strachan
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I guess you'd have to ask Tim (Strydur) for a custom-made double-female connector, or just bite the bullet and use a 2" extension piece.

Sohryu76
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
considering that the threads are roughly 1/2 inch in length..
the two inch piece would only add roughly an inch to your design, as 1/2 inch on either side of it would overlap the threads on the ribbed extension..

you are asking for a one inch piece with dual female ends...
sounds like a custom work piece to me, really...

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 01:25 PM
ok lets see if I get this right, you want a bladehold and 2 ribbed sections and a pommel? well one way or another you need the other end to have female threading. so eather a 2" double female extention at the end or in the middel.

eastern57
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
For example, let's say I have a blade holder, a pommel, and two ribbed extensions. At either the pommel side or the blade holder side, I would have two male connections, but (assuming they would fit together) that is the length and design I want.

I know what you mean, I like that design also. but I'm afraid the only solution would be to ask for a custom piece. It's actually not very expensive at all. Strydur is very reasonable about prices and VERY fast (he literally shipped my custom piece the same day I ordered it).

I would recommend asking for a double female ribbed section - if he can't do that, then just a one-inch double female.

one inch really does make a significnt difference between "extra hand space" and "silly looking"

Dark Helmet
04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
pretty much 2 options here, hacksaw, elmer's glue and some glitter, or if you want it done right just pm Tim for a price on the custom part.... I think you will be surprised at the price, he is very reasonable about custom work...btw, he's Strydur on the forums.

EDIT: I didn't pay attention to the fact that eastern just said the same thing...ALMOST WORD FOR WORD!!! lol

eastern57
04-17-2008, 08:46 PM
:) heehee, no biggie... btw, tim prefers email sales@thecustomsabershop.com for custom requests...

Darth Sarris
04-18-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm trying the 2" double female connector for now. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably end up getting something custom done.

Dandura
04-18-2008, 08:34 AM
if you put the female betwen the two ribbed sections, then you could buy a parks clamp to put on the female. ( or do it anyway even if its not in the middle) just a suggestion if your not happy with your current design. personally I'm not all that into clamps myself, but on some pieces they just look right.

chase
04-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Depending on what pommel you get, you could get Tim to custom make that to be a female pommel. Could work, might not. You can always ask...either that or.....yeah....I don't know.