PDA

View Full Version : Regaring MHS hilts

Gunk
04-17-2008, 05:43 AM
Do I need to screw any holes into these? How does the blade stay put in this hilts?

Malaki Skywalker
04-17-2008, 05:45 AM
Do I need to screw any holes into these? How does the blade stay put in this hilts?

You need a hole for a blade retention screw on the blade holder, flying blades are not safe lol ;)

Gunk
04-17-2008, 08:19 AM
O man, I'm not skilled nor do I have the tools to make a hole in the hilt and tap it to have a screw go inside it.

ArkaiHalon
04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Stryder can both drill and tap the holes you need. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Services-C50.aspx

DDanDevious
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
its not hard at all...

you can go to the hardware store and pick up a tap set in the size you need for about 12-15 bucks (if that)

drill hole, you can use a regular handheld drill, aluminum is quite soft and easy to drill through... it will help if you have a clamp or something to hold the part steady as you drill... I use a simple compression type clamp (like a big clothespin basically)... does the trick!

put the tap in the holder (its a T-handle thingy the tap bit should fit into), screw it in the hole you drilled, back it up a turn, screw it in further, back it up a few more turns, screw it in even further, repeat, repeat...

its no sweat!

DDD!