PDA

View Full Version : God its awesome!

Drichar Deis
04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
http://gizmodo.com/379213/stunning-hasbro-millennium-falcon-jumps-out-of-hyperspace

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 12:39 PM
If I was still collecting the toys, I would so buy that!!!!!!

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I Want That!

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I WANT TO BE 4" TALL AND LIVE THERE!!!!

Apparently the ****pit can finally fit 4 figures comfortably! No more Han hanging out the side with the lid not closing!!!

Drichar Deis
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Did you read the bit about the hidden fighter compartment?

Jees, they just cant leave things be can they?

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
You know it's not going to be as sturdy as the original. Mine survived many a flight down the stairs. Just wish my rancor could have....

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I alwase could get han and chewie to fit in my falcon.

Drichar Deis
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I had the Rancor aswell, I thought it was "well cool!", still preferred the AT-AT though, one of those toys that your mate had and you didnt :( diprieved childhood ha ha ;)

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Second only to the B-wing in my school.

God, I wanted one of those for the cool points. Seemed only the spoilt rich kid had one.

Everyone had Xwings, but the At-At & B-wing were the shizz!

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 01:05 PM
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Collection%20Stuff/

Drichar Deis
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Collection%20Stuff/

SPOILT RICH KID ;)

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.boardgamesrus.com/images/Happy%20Days%20G23.jpg

Has, you recieve two cool points!!!! And a date with the tuscadera twins!!!!

Drich, PM sent

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I am not a spoiled ritch kid
FAR FROM IT!

When I was younger and still in school I got a goverment check from the VFW cause my father was a vet and I still dont know why I got a check. think it had something to do with the fact that my parents were divorced but all the money I got from them checks went to just about everything I have thats starwars. Movies toys, tickets to see the specal edition movies at the theator and the PT movies.

The check wasent very much it ws like 250$ a months or something like that I ket the 50 and the rest was put away for whatever, help with the bills and whatnot but I also had money left over to buy my first vehicle, I payed 1200$ for something that was worth 600$ but I just had to have it.

BR who are these twins you talk about? are they hot asian twins? :P

lol

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Well, i'm far from the spoilt rich kid too. That's why I only got as far up the school yard hierachy as the AT AT. And Slave 1. That was awesome...

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I wanted a snow speeder and an atst so bad but could never find them. My brother has the snow speeder and the eletronic xwing which was like 140$ by itself.

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
My Bro loved the AT-ST, my snow speeder lost it's guns 1st mission out.

I really should have been more careful with my toys in retrospect....

Hasid Lafre
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I wish when I started to collect to keep everything in its packages but luckly I kept most of the ones that I knew I wouldent get doubles of in teh package like the esb yoda with training back pack. and both palpys.

Barmic Rin
04-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Got a ton of doubles during 98-99, before & at the start of EP1 mania.

Drichar Deis
04-17-2008, 01:05 AM
Only Jesting Hasid ;)

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 01:43 AM
I know, jesting ya back :P

DDanDevious
04-17-2008, 08:09 AM
duuuuuuuuude, that is sick!

I never had the Falcon, but I did have the AT AT...

it was awesome... but I lost the cover part to the ****pit and my mom got really mad at me and took it away (I guess it was expensive!? hahah)... havent seen it since, but I keep asking my mom for it but she thinks im going to sell it... but Im waaaaaaaaay past that part of my life where Im trying to make a buck off of stuff...

anyswayze, did it ever annoy anyone else that the scale of the toys was all wrong? like in the movie 4-5 dudes are standing up in the ATAT's head but in the toy only like one or two figures can fit in there... okay I know this would make the toys HUGE but imagine how awesome that would be...

DDD!

SWAT Strachan
04-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Most of the Star Wars toys I had as a kid were hand-me-downs from a cousin (we weren't exactly rolling in cash back then).

I had the Millennium Falcon, but broke one of the landing struts...

I had an X-Wing, but somehow managed to snap it in half :o...

I had an AT-AT, but I took it apart because I thought the head section made a pretty cool shuttle :mrgreen:.

Oh, and my Taunton and Snow Speeder were Airfix models. Oh and my Hoth Han Solo was missing a hand where I'd chewed it off http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif ( y'see we couldn't afford a pet dog so I even had to chew things up myself! Ooo those were rough times :mrgreen:).

The only model I really wanted but could never find was the Bespin Twin-Pod Cloud Car, I had the pilot but that was as close as I got.

Ghostbat
04-17-2008, 09:53 AM
I also took apart most of my toys once I got sick of them, which stings now as I would love to have them back, but I like to think the need to disassemble helped make me who I am so I don't dwell too much on how much :)

anyswayze, did it ever annoy anyone else that the scale of the toys was all wrong? like in the movie 4-5 dudes are standing up in the ATAT's head but in the toy only like one or two figures can fit in there... okay I know this would make the toys HUGE but imagine how awesome that would be...

For a while that did bug the heck out of me. I had one friend who had just about every toy imaginable and while I could forgive the Falcon having no room for an engine and a very cramped ****pit I just couldn't handle the Mon Calamari cruiser that could seat maybe 20.

Hey, GI Joe got a large scale aircraft carrier, where was my star destroyer the size of a minivan!

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Ihave to take my awing apart again to fix the landing gear.

Klaatu
04-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Way back in the day my folks had a bust of vader that sat next to our tv. But alas my mom got tired of looking at it and it ended up in a shed and then in a yard sale where someone paid pennies for what is prob. worth a small fortune now. :mad:

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh yeah I forgot I also got a vader coin bank that makes sound and moves when you put change in it.

SWAT Strachan
04-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah I forgot I also got a vader coin bank that makes sound and moves when you put change in it.Obi Wan has taught you well, you have control of your savings!

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 11:06 AM
no, I wish I had control of my savings.

Drichar Deis
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah I forgot I also got a vader coin bank that makes sound and moves when you put change in it.

My mums got a house phone like that! The force is strong in my family ;).

Hasid Lafre
04-17-2008, 05:19 PM
You got the house phone? Oh I would kill for that phone.

BlackDOG
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I had odd experinece with my SW stuff.

I had an xwing, a TIE fighter, Darth's TIE, a snowspeeder, the Falcon, a landspeeder and a Death Star with two Identical cardboard walls, one of which did not fit right.

NO AT AT.

NO RANCOR.

AND only 2 stormtroopers. How can you have a battle with ONLY TWO STORMTROOPERS?????????

Sense, this does not make. Meditate on these discepancies, I must.

BD

Atomic
04-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I remember when the action figures were $1.19 at the drug store. I only had a couple of stormtroopers, no doubles, but I would fight all the "bad guys (cantina creatures)" against the "good guys". Stand them up on each side of the table, and fire rubberbands at them. They got a shot for each standing figure that was holding a gun. Damn that IG88 and his dual weapons! :)

I had a couple of the toys as a kid. I still have my Darth Vader action figure case, but it's in average shape. To make up for the lack of toys as a child, I grew up, got a full time job and now I buy my own toys :)

I have the new(ish) B-Wing and A-Wing, and in lego I have the original AT-AT, Tie Interceptor, (The Viking ship with the sea monster) and a bunch of smaller ships.

I'm hoping for the lego Y-Wing for my birthday :) it helps to have a wife that's into it.

Drichar Deis
04-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I hardly had any star wars toys as a kid :(, everybody kept buying me HE-MAN, dont you just hate being ignored! But im making up for it now, the mother-in-law keeps buying me the odd bit here and there, I love the mother-in-law, and she loves me, how unusual is that?

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 09:53 AM
yeah usually people hate there mother inlaws.

Drichar Deis
04-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Mine thinks the sun shines out of my a** :)

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM
lol, nice real nice.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
I may have to get this new Falcon to go with the other three I have. I never got one when I was a kid, and picked up an original on ebay that';s missing a few pieces, but I've been slowly getting parts to complete it. I also got the 1995 version from ebay. It's only missing the seat for the top gun. I have brand new with the box, the last version released, with the light up engine nacelle from the Original Trilogy Collection....that one I had to open up, and play with a bit.

I used to have an original Darth Vader Tie Advanced, but that along with my brother's X-wing and the two original TIE fighters we had, got shot up with BB guns by the kids of one of my Dad's friends after I moved out on my own. My brother got me a very nice replacement from ebay for Christmas last year, along with a newer version of the TIE Intereceptor. I also have a 1995 version X-wing that I picked up on ebay as well.

We were actually more into the G.I. Joes of the 80's than the Star Wars toys, and I still have all of those. They are stored safely in my basement in plastic bags and totes.

Drichar Deis
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah i had GI-Joe too, used to have the chinnok, the sand crawler base thing, and loads of other stuff.

Still got issue one of the comic lying around in cellaphane somewhere.

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I got the 95 version I do beleave, I want to take it apart and run some el wire to add lighting and make the engins look like there on, and I am gonna have it air brushed instead of them stupid stickers that its got that have pratically come off already.

I was into gi joe for a while but gre out of them quickly.