PDA

View Full Version : Saber plan for CF 2.5

Hasid Lafre
04-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok so this is what I got so far.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Persional%20Saber%20Stuff/NewSaber2.jpg

Now Iam having probmes trying to figure out what to do with switches. origionally I planed for using a guarded switch and a tiny momentary like my bro used on his mhsCF saber.

But Iam starting to think I wont have that sort of room cause I want to put my recharge port in the same area as the switches so all that is forward, then batteries then CF.

So iam eather gonna have to get creative and very carefull with the switch placment or Iam thinkin go fsending it to Xwing for the install and a switch placment setup.

Also X if you see this what would you do?

The hilt is 2" f/f, GChanger, and style 4 hilt. The switches must be in the forward section of the SHilt4.

Anyone got ideas? A control box or anything like that will not work with the design. The pommel is a luke ROTJ MR part that will be bolted to my old MHS pommel style 5 that was turned into an mps of sorts.

Iam out of ideas for switches and how they would work with the design.

ArkaiHalon
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
very inovative use of a vader shroud

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-14-2008, 05:48 PM
I it was me, I'd create a switch plate that would be incorporated into the tapered part of the Vader shroud and put the switches there. Something in thin aluminum that would match the curved edge.

I would put the charge port on the bottom, opposite the switches, and slightly back so they wouldn't hit inside.

vortextwist
04-14-2008, 06:15 PM
i'd give ya some pointers but I have a hard enough time figuring out my sabers, you know don't you. lol

Hasid Lafre
04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, pain in teh rear it is. Iam thinking about seing if xwing will do a tactal switch like jedi bum did on that one guys saber but use something else than glue to hold it inplace.

Hasid Lafre
04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Anyone got an idea? casue iam fresh out of ideas. I could put a control box on it but it wouldent fit with the design in anyway possable.

xwingband
04-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Unless you prefer a pushbutton I think a slider for the main one would be more workable.

I don't see why they all couldn't be forward except with the guarded switch (it's deep). Personally a tactile type switch is what I'd put for the aux, but a more standard one would be fine. It'd stick out more but I'm not sure which you'd prefer.

Hasid Lafre
04-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Well mainly something that works with the design.

I was wanting to do a single guarded switch then for the aux button one of these.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/vortextwist/light%20saber%20pics/NewMHSsaberstuff030.jpg

Or 2 of them then have the recharge port close by.

Count Malik
04-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Very cool disgin, very different in a good way.:cool:

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks, its sorta a rehash of an old idea I had a while back, just alot shorter now.

Who was it that put a push button switch of types inside a chromed led bezel? I know someone put a toggel switch in one.

This version uses a guarded switch and a tiny switch like the one in the pic I posted above.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Persional%20Saber%20Stuff/NewSaber3.jpg

Iam trying to come up with idea that I could do cause I know I would mess up doing a tatical switch setup. thats something I would have to have someone like xwing to do.

And if I did tactals I would have them concealed in the shroud.
Would have to be one with a long plunger like this one.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/MPB-218/search/TACTILE_PUSHBUTTON_W__PLUNGER_.html

But at this point iam about ready to say hell with it and use a regular store switch and this tiny momentary button thats in the pic by the coin.

Hasid Lafre
04-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Well next week sometime iam gonna order some parts and hopefully I will have this switch thing figured out cause its annoying me at the moment.

I was up till 4am lasnight trying to think of what to do, now iam paying for it with a stiff neck and sore back.

BAck to thinking.

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Well folks, Iam pritty sure tonight iam gonna order my parts.

Iam gonna order the hilt section without a switch hole so I can figure out what I want to do for my switch setup.

FYI if anyone is wondering what the cost of this is gonna be for new comers, What Iam gonna do is not cheap. I have a pommel and a 2" section, the rest will be over 120$. Facter in 185-200$ for the crystal focus. Then the extra stuff I already have like the battery pack and wire and screws, led and lense/holder. This is primarly 3/4s the hilt stuff I need. so if your planning on a saber of this magnatude. be sure to setback a couple CNotes.

And I still dont ahve everything I need. still got to assemble my blade, get some stuff for my other blade, and still have to locate a shroud(might have a lead on a couple). MAn I still got alot of work ahead of me.

Now all thats left is to get my brother to get a mini drill press.

DARTH KALEL
04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I like the design, that's how my superman saber was going to be with the reversed shroud, I really like the way it looks on paper and in real life. what's you total lenght though, I couldn't do it and keep it short, it felt really wierd in my hands too. not because the shroud but because you have to hold your hands a ways from the blade, so if your thinking of a long blade I would consider something about 30 32" long exposed, anything longer and then I had to add another piece to make it comfortable.

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, Iam tinking iam gonna have to get some epoxy sculpt to build up the neck section of the style 5 bladeholder and give me something to let the screw go thru to bolt the shroud on.

LeMoel
04-24-2008, 07:33 PM
i really like that design, its unique and stands out:p

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I got me parts!, Now I just need my vader shroud and I can get to pic taking then I need to get money for a switch setup then assembly.

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Ok so here are a couple pics, the camera sucks so please bear with me here.

Concept
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Star%20Wars/My%20Saber%20Stuff/NewSaber2.jpg

Missing one piece. still waiting on the shroud. Sorry the image is huge so Heres just the link.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Star%20Wars/My%20Saber%20Stuff/SidsSaber1.jpg

Er Dan Gill
05-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice. Did you have Tim powdercoat the grip section?

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
yep and its bloddy awsome, I got to wetsand the 2" section to match the finish of the machineing on the hilt section.

eastern57
05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
With with luke pommel, the bassackward vader shroud will make it look very balanced. And shrouds in general, make it easy to conceal tactile switches... (I'll continue our exchange here in the proper thread)...

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 11:35 AM
lol yeah hahaha.

But iam not sure if I want to conceal them in the shroud thou. kinda on the side.

eastern57
05-03-2008, 01:05 PM
also a potential good idea - if it's close to the edge it could protect from accidental poweroff/on... but you're getting a v4, right? so you'll have both APOPs for that. Obviously, I like to design for applicability.

Hasid Lafre
05-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I got a 2.5 and I should have apop, if not oh well I will just be more carefull, I dont really spin or anything like that so I dont worry about it.