PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Rebel LED mount...

Novastar
04-14-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.ledsmagazine.com/press/15909

Neat! :)

Hasid Lafre
04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
"Fresh thinking outside the star"

But we need star pattern leds!!!!

Strydur
04-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Ya..not what we need but good find lol.

Speaking of which rebel single stars are in the works but a few months out yet. I am looking into getting the k2 1a 200 lumen whites but those are also a couple months out. And hopefully we can get some other k2 stars in the 1A versions also.

LeMoel
04-14-2008, 04:35 PM
i bet the optics are even farther out

xwingband
04-14-2008, 08:33 PM
i bet the optics are even farther out

I doubt that's meant for optics... that seems to be an architectural lighting setup. Not meant to be colimnated.

DACOTA
04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Led-tech has the square single pcb.Its similar. I doubt anyone cares but I thought I'd toss up the link.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Luxeon/Luxeon-REBEL/Luxeon-REBEL-on-PCB-LT-1120_49_85.html

Novastar
04-16-2008, 03:23 AM
The more info the better, Dac.

xwingband
04-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Led-tech has the square single pcb.Its similar. I doubt anyone cares but I thought I'd toss up the link.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-LEDs-Luxeon/Luxeon-REBEL/Luxeon-REBEL-on-PCB-LT-1120_49_85.html

I've been using those for month's. They're fine they just need to be epoxied down.

DACOTA
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Sounds good.:) I might try one.

Kasri Deodene
05-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Just seen these while looking around bored at work.

http://www.led-tech.de/en/High-Power-Supply/Polymer-Optics-c_106_108.html

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Cool for the single rebel...but when is someone going to make optics for the TRIPLE-rebel ENDOR...it's what ?nine months? now and still no optics???

Novastar
05-27-2008, 04:42 AM
Ditto to what Onli said.

Waiting.... waiting.... waiting. lol

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
*in Anakin voice*

I say Patience...caR-clO will be along soon and release the Endor optics...lol

Well I hope so anyway...

Seriously though it has made me wonder about the Endor WHY the delay in the optics for what seems to me like an oddly LONG time? Or was it the same with the Luxeons we use now maybe...I wasnt here back then maybe this kind of delay in optics for new LEDs is 'normal'?

But I've always found the NAME of this LED rather...curiously...'coincidental'?...almost as if it had been INTENDED for saber-use.

My 'wild' Imagination enjoys speculating IF maybe this LED was something Master Replicas commissioned before they lost the SW license? I imagine with the volume of LEDs that MR must have been buying that a LED-maker might have considered designing a 'custom' LED for them if they requested that and if so that could explain the obviously 'Star Wars' name? Perhaps the RGB Rebel Endor might have been intended for what later became the 'Joe Jedi' saber if MR had continued with the license into the present and beyond?

But since as things happened they lost the license it could have made better business sense for MR to just go with the already existing Pro-Light RGB instead of investing more $ on Endor optics R&D for Endor-based FX sabers they would never have a chance to make and maybe once MR lost interest thats why no one would develop optics for it in all the months since if the market seemed to have dried up when MR pulled out of the development?

[afterall the total volume of LED sales we DIY saber 'hobbyists' represent probably wouldnt seem 'worth it' to LED/optics manufacturers to continue if a big manufacturer customer like MR had pulled out of a development deal and 'burned' them?]

Or is that too much of a crayzee 'conspiracy theory'-like thinking?

Anyway just a speculation...I have NO evidence to believe anything like that actually DID happen and NOT meant to be starting any 'rumour' just WONDERING since I'm always 'curious' about and questioning why things happen, or dont.

Whatever the real reason if this is unusally long for optics to arrive I sure HOPE they do soon because that same big Imagination has lots of dreams for Endors...especially if TCSS offers custom colour combos as Strydur mentioned a few months ago...methinks that custom Endors could be THE solution those of who want GOOD BRIGHT Oranges and especially PURPLES have been dreaming of.

And that is not meant to disrespect AceRockets brilliant Tri-Lux project which certainly could have been the same advance toward GREAT oranges and purples if development had continued with that and those had become available...I'd have been eager to buy custom Tri-Luxes before now if I'd known the Endor optics would take so long to arrive.

With the advent of Corbins new driver, and Kal-Els new sound board, that can handle the tri-LED voltages I think the future of sabers is very bright IF ONLY the optics for such LEDs like Endors would become available [and I'm sure Erv and Ultra will have products to take advantage of that when...or IF :-(...they ever do...]

xwingband
05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I doubt MR had anything to do with their making. The name is odd, but maybe the CEO is a SW fan...

RGB's have usually been more of an accent or architectural lighting deal which doesn't need optics so that might explain that there isn't a push for optics.

Strydur
05-27-2008, 07:41 PM
The reason it is taking so long is the company making them like probably all optics companys only wants to create very efficient optics and doing that can prove hard when trying to focus 3 leds perfectly together in such a small package. That is what I have been told anyways..supposedly they will be done soon.

Count Malik
05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll have to look into these!:mrgreen:

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you Xwing for ruining a perfectly fun conspiracy theory with a splash of cold Reason...next you'll be telling me Star Wars isnt real ;-) lolol

Seriously, that makes sense for architectural use where tight focus optics arent necessary. I'm guessing tactical flashlight manufacturers might have a use for Endors too though and with more focused beams...I'd guess there is some technical interest overlap between flashlight people and saber fans since our LED sabers are really just flashlights though I saw one forum where they dont seem to like us much.

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-28-2008, 06:20 PM
The reason it is taking so long is the company making them like probably all optics companys only wants to create very efficient optics and doing that can prove hard when trying to focus 3 leds perfectly together in such a small package. That is what I have been told anyways..supposedly they will be done soon.

Thanks for that update Strydur...:-)...yeah I can see how it could be challenging to focus those three emitters perfectly especially the way they are layed out so close together on the middle of the star...I guess better waiting for optics to focus them well than quick availability of optics that focus them badly eh? I'm just EAGER at the thought of all the possibilities for Endors...and I'm sure I'm not alone.