PDA

View Full Version : Seoul P4 Question

thornwolf
04-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Am I correct in understanding that the Green Seoul p4's max current is 1000ma, and that it produces 182 lumens? If so, then a swap out of my lux III for a P4 would seem to be the way to go as I am already running a 1000ma puck. As with anything, is there a trade-off I am missing?

Also, can anyone let me know where I can grab a few p4s? I know of a germany site, but I can't get a shipping quote to the US.

Thanks in advance.

Hasid Lafre
04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
the green P4 is weaksause according to xwing, but I have seen a few blue p4 pics and it looked pritty good.

xwingband
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Pics can be decieving.

The Green P4 I got blew. 182 lumens was BS. It's better than a III, but next to a K2 or a V it's disappointing. If you feel up to the work a Rebel is right on par with a V and is like the III for power.

xl97
04-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Pics can be decieving.

The Green P4 I got blew. 182 lumens was BS. It's better than a III, but next to a K2 or a V it's disappointing. If you feel up to the work a Rebel is right on par with a V and is like the III for power.

sorry to 'dumb down' the thread here..

but what do you mean this xwing?

"If you feel up to the work....."

I dont know much about the Rebels.. what makes them harder? not mounted to a star or something?

Thanks

xwingband
04-14-2008, 09:22 AM
The ones I use are not on a star, so they need to be epoxied down. Then the optics... they're so badly designed that the wires get in the way. I have to cut them to let the wires through. Then the optics are shorter, so if you are using MHS you'd have to shim it so that the optics stay down and don't rattle.

It's a pain, but I love the extra output they give so I deal with it.