PDA

View Full Version : 1st MHS

Ailric Vaux-Hall {KOTOR}
04-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Ok, I know I should have posted these pics at least 2 Sundays ago. But had probs w/camera like being unable to find it and having my pics delete when I transfer them to my laptop, so I had to start again w/new pics. Then I took too many and had to choose the best I thought would represent my 1st MHS.
Then I found out we can only have 5 pics per post. Now that I got all that done, heres my new and 1st MHS.
I decided to go with:
LED Blade Holder 4
MHS thin neck "choke point" section
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
Cut 3 1/2" sink tube
MPS Pommel style 4
and MPS Insert style 5.
I tried to keep it between 11"-12" for accuracy and ended up with 12 1/4" total.
The grips on the upper vent are 8-3/16" ID Black O-rings and the lower are alarm tags that we all have in our DVD movie cases. I've been using them for about 5 years as grips and they work great too. They never come off once I reuse them.
I installed the new SPST Latching Guarded switch with red button, which is really nice and flush with the handle and a Black machined Covertec button. I'm thinking of making this an Orange blade which is what I want but all the topics on Orange blades has me wondering if it will be bright enough like I want. 2nd choice is Cyan and 3rd is Green.
But I will work on that next. All in all, I like it. It turned out well and has a nice feel to it. Well thats it for now, let me know what you all think. :cool:

thornwolf
04-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice saber. :-D

I think the grips and the switch look really cool together.

I would have never thought to put the DVD alarm sensors on the hilt as grips.

If you are able to find a good orange Lux III, let me know as my brother wants that color for his saber.

Hasid Lafre
04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
If your gonna go with white + filters for orange then get a SSC P4

37H4N
04-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Nice saber. I would have thought to use those as grips either, but they look great!
I love how the new switches look.
Looks good!

Tom Starkiller
04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Very nice!! I've been planning a saber similar to that.

And loveing the bottom grip.

DARTH KALEL
05-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Yeah I agree with Hasid, use the p4, with Tims filters and how bright that P4 is you can get some great oranges. I have one in my superman saber and it's great i really love it. I plan on putting one in the harley saber and I wouldn't do that if I couldn't get a good orange color and bright. Plus I can get a great cyan and green with the P4 as well so you wouldn't have to settle.

DDanDevious
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Nice!! That saber is fresh!

now be careful walking out of the DVD store with all those alarm tags on there.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!

hehehehe.

DDD!

Ailric Vaux-Hall {KOTOR}
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Nice!! That saber is fresh!

now be careful walking out of the DVD store with all those alarm tags on there.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP!!!

hehehehe.

DDD!

:p LOL, Bro a buddy of mine at work said the same thing when I showed him one of my older sabers. LOL, I can see it now....No officer I didn't steal anything it's my Lightsaber grips, really I swear!!! Yea sure pal, Tell it to the judge. LOL!!! :p

MaverickJsmith
05-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Very nice. And creative use of those alarm tags. We also finally get to see the guarded switch mounted. Looks good.

Overall nice saber, and creative!

Maverick 8)