PDA

View Full Version : MR FFX Construction Set Soundboard Switch Question

Braxus
04-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Hi guys.

ok, im a complete noob when it comes to electronics, soundcards, switches, ect... but i was planning on using the SoundBoard from the MR FFX Construction Set in my first saber. Now Ive read all the threads relating to this topic, but i still have a few questions that i need clarifying.

Do you have to use a DPDT Sliding switch on one of these boards? I really wanted to try and use the SPST Guarded Switch Tim sells, or just a regular Push on/ Push off Switch.

My problem is i have no access to powertools or anything to make customizations to the hilt to mount a slide switch. i do have a soldering iron and solder, wire, heat shrink tubing, hot glue gun. so i can do the wiring and such just not any hilt body modifications. would love to do a setup similar to Arm On fire's Setup

DarthFender
04-13-2008, 07:24 AM
unless you are going to let the soundboard drive the LED, (I dont recommend), you will absolutely need a DPDT or DPST switch.

If you let the board drive the LED, you'll be getting about 125mA to the LED, that's seriously under driven unless, you want to continue to use the Prolite RGB LED that comes with the Construction Set (Joe Jedi as we call it).