View Full Version : Dual SIded Light Saber

spidex3000
02-18-2006, 07:35 PM
How do you make a dual sided light saber with out a connecter piece

Han, can you reach my light saber.

xwingband
02-18-2006, 08:16 PM
While I suspect Tim is going to work on that here's some ideas:

On the modular sabers drill out two pommels to put a bolt and washer through it. If you get a strong thick one to use then it should be strong.

The new adaptor piece if you tapped some more holes on the opposite side would probably make a good way to connect the sink tubes. You could probably replicate this with a tube that fits inside of the main one.

A similar idea would be to make a tube on the outside that would cover the gap and either drill and tap or rivet them together.

I saw tetmatek link two with a carbon fiber tube. I know it's strong stuff and it'll hold, but I would be afraid of it bending a bit.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

987654321a
02-26-2006, 07:07 PM
ummm, with my experience i would have to think making a solid dual blade saber is too hard. The reason for that is because it will be a mess once you put the electronics in there, so its better to get the coupler, and connect the 2 sabers. and everytime you need to change the batteries you will have to take off the blades, take out the electronics, replace the batteries, put the elec's back in, and place the blades in again. dont you think that will be too hard?
wouldnt you rather just open the coupler and replace the batteries that way?

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

supertrogdor
02-27-2006, 12:18 PM
A 1.5" sink tube fits perfectly over the MHS, you could use that as a coupler between 2 MHS hilts and that also gives you your choice on length if you wanted it to be substantially longer you have roughly a foot or so at your disposal. Drill and tap and your set. Plus then you only have to undo a couple of screws to change batteries.
cheers

james3
02-27-2006, 12:59 PM
What I was going to try was using two of the mhs kits with a solid brass or copper pipe over top just like a sink tube. I figure all that could be mounted with a few thubscrews so when the batteries needed to be changed it would be just like popping the blades out of the hilt. Another thought I had was if I cut out a section near the center to replace batteries and had a cover that just screwed on then I could just do a pipe hilt. Just a few thoughts from a newb.

I got beat to the punch

supertrogdor
02-27-2006, 01:16 PM
a coverplate has potential, but it might be hard to make it work right. It would need to be big enough to fit your battery pack in and be able to slide it out, but any further concepts might prove a solution that favors your design, let us know what you come up with
Cheers