PDA

View Full Version : supper battery

The Plague
02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I found some "AA" batteries at radio shack today that were 3.6V. I can guess that a higher voltage would make a blade brighter, but does anyone know how many volts of power can be safely used on a standard MR Fx saber without worry of damaging any of the electronics.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

xwingband
02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Umm... I wouldn't mess with them. If they don't have a warning that's better, but I've heard of the 1.7V Panasonic Oxy--- whatevers ruining MR sabers. Stick to standard or lower voltages. Lithiums are cool.[8D] The voltage shouldn't matter, but you risk overdriving them at that and making it not work. I bet those suckers don't have much juice in them anyway. Those 12V itsy-bitsy batteries in things like garage door openers even with 4 in parallel I watched the power get drained out of them right in front of me with a plasma saber.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

The Plague
02-18-2006, 05:40 PM
What about sabers that run off of 6 batteries as opossed to 3 batteries designs? I know that voltage would affect the brightness. I just want to know if using 1.7v instead of 1.5 would be safe.

xwingband
02-18-2006, 05:58 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The Plague

What about sabers that run off of 6 batteries as opossed to 3 batteries designs? I know that voltage would affect the brightness. I just want to know if using 1.7v instead of 1.5 would be safe.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've heard the Duracell 1.7V Oxy batteries are fine. The Panasonic ones ruin sabers though. They have a warning on them that say not to use in lighted application or something to that effect. The explaination Panasonic gave the pissed off MR owner was "we warned you." Supposedly they give an extra kick at the start that the electronics don't like and it basically nukes the electronics.

On LEDs voltage DOESN'T matter on brightness as long as you have the proper resistor. You pump too much voltage in them without enough resistance and they will be bright for a bit then they'll burn out.

The 6 battery sabers can run on 4 without any mods. I think they're meant to have 3 for each (the sound and lights).

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

The Plague
02-18-2006, 07:43 PM
OK so voltage really doesn't matter and the duracell batteries are fine. all right

Thanks xwing.