PDA

View Full Version : Not going to be building sabers for a while.

Darth Zecks
04-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Well I'm not going to be building any sabers for a while. I kind of had a freak accident with my motorcycle. Too make a long story short my fingers ended up between the chain and sprocket. I am now missing half my ring finger and half my pinkie on my right hand. The doctor says I will be able to do everything I did before but its going to take some time. In the meanwhile I will just continue to soak up info from here. Happy building fellow sabersmiths.

eastern57
04-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Holy crap, dude. I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

I've heard of some bad wrecks - but that's one that will surely stand out.

I'm sure the saber community will help out with whatever we can.

:) so don't be afraid to ask :)

Lord Maul
04-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Damn...that sucks man.

Don't worry, we'll keep the place up and running like always...http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_drunkard.gif

Drichar Deis
04-12-2008, 12:14 PM
D@mn man! that'll affect the weapon handling!

Im sure the time needed to repair, will give you time to research more ideas.

Be positive g*ddammit! :)

987654321a
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Aww man, that sucks to have that happen..

I hope you get bettersoon!

Er Dan Gill
04-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear about that man. Good luck on the recovery.

Hasid Lafre
04-12-2008, 01:47 PM
That sucks but you know whats gonna suck more? that your not gonna have much feeling in them fingers if any.

A friend of mine lost part of his index finger at the first knuckle forward and he cant feel anything in that part of his finger. To this day he flicks it back and forth with his other index finger cause he still hasn't gotten over the fact that he cant feel anything.

Vazan Maceu
04-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh man, that really sucks... Best of wishes with your recovery, I hope we´ll see you soon sabersmithing again ;)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

It will get better.

grayven
04-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I feel your pain. About 17 years ago I did the same thing only it was my foot between the chain and sprocket. It happened at night in the country so I had to run about 300 yrds to the nearest house. Felt kind of wierd running while missing three toes.

here's to Hopping you heal fast.;)

Grayven

Darth_DevilGuy
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I've done some pretty painfull things to myself, and I don't even want to think about that level of pain... get better soon, and be careful with the pain meds, I'm sure they gave you some, and that stuff is nothing to screw with, trust me.

Darth Zecks
04-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate everything. Trust me, I'm not going to let this get too me. Nothing I can do will make them grow back so why dwell on it. I stopped taking the meds because I didn't like the way they made me feel.

Logan Cade
04-13-2008, 02:02 PM
That’s a tough blow, DZ…hang in there.

Honestly, if you had to cut off 2 fingers, those were the ones to do it to. I’m an Auto Mechanic and lost the top of 2 of my fingers the same way you did….Damn sprockets and chains!...Very unforgiving…..It really makes you understand just how weak the human body truly is.

Things will heal and you’ll come back stronger.