PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Screws for Vader FX Conversion

NooB1Kenobi
02-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know where to get thumbscrews that look like the regular MR FX Vader 2005 Lightsaber but are long enough to hold the blade in place? I've looked all over the internet and no luck.. Any help would be much loved..

Strydur
02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
I have them...Had only planned on selling them with vader kits but I guess I could list them seperately. If you dont see them on the site in a day or so send me a email and remind me. [:D]

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

NooB1Kenobi
02-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Well Strydur when do you plan on having the conversion kits in???
I may just order a few kits and some extra thumbs.. Hmmmmm
They actually sell those things some where or do ya make them...
I got a vade I did to practicewith and used the original holder but the thumbs aren't long enough to hold the blade in.. I'd like thumbs like the original vader but longer to hold the blade in place.. Right now I got 2 longer screws that I made to size to hold the blade down that fit in the two holes that hold the black lil long piece on....

LAN-ED-TUL
02-19-2006, 01:25 AM
on my heiland vader with a blastech conversion, i had to shoulder down that spot for my thumbscrew to seat against the blade and with the shroud being resin, and i had to cut right next to the dring, its too weak now to support hangin from that dring, i put one in the endcap, since theres a bolt insert there already. would of been nice to know tim had a longer one, so i didnt have to do that.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Strydur
02-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Conversion kits should be here either the end of next week or early the following week. This goes for vader conversion..quickchange led..LED MHS blade holders..And I will make up a new LED sink tube kit that includes the MHS blade holder and adapter.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

LAN-ED-TUL
02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
hey tim i emailed you to ask if youd swap the Tscrew i ordered for one of the longer ones you said you have.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Artifical_Lynx
02-22-2006, 01:07 AM
yeah I just used the thumb reused the thumb screws on the hilt that's what I did but my Anakin was different.