PDA

View Full Version : Two New Sabers i'm working on

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey guys just need some feedback on these sabers as far as finished materials color schemes and the like. right now they are sink tube base with PVC outers, the wrap on the superman one is just a play on color as will have leather tucked under the slide over sections and will be rivited instead of the sheet screws that are shown, put how does everybody feel about the PVC look for deco or should go metal with high gloss paint let me know, post it up lol.

ArkaiHalon
04-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I like the one with the sink knob pommel. If it was a dark blue and burgundy, would be a good superman saber. The other one with the pointy pommel and the wrap doesn't grab me as much, but it's not bad.

eastern57
04-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm imagining the superman to be the green crystal (from the first reeves film); the one he used to create his fortress - green with a weathered leather wrap.... that'd be something to see. Is that close to what you're planning?

And pcv, at least around here, is pretty easily identified as pvc, so I'd go with a more metallic or in the super-saber, natuallly elemental...

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
it's made to look alot like the fortress or anything else kryptonian made, that's why the points. the pommel side will have a LED in it with the "sheild" of superman as a grill. it's just a 5 min fit for suggestions or the wrap will be a yellow gift wrap style with clear outer to similate a crystal look, remember guys the superman sword is ancient so it's not going to be too fancy but it's still going to look nice, it's indestructable pretty much maybe even use a multi sided pipe to actually get the hilt outer sections to actually look like crystals but like i said lets hear all the feedback

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
i'm not a great artist drawing wise but i can stick parts together quicker than snot so I do these make up pieces to help me visualize the outcome and size I like things to be even.

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 08:34 PM
that would be cool but the only reason it was green was because of technology at the time could not really get the blue to show up so well. It was Clear with a faint red blue mixed color in the comic. but a great idea for a kryptonite saber HMMMMMMMM I really like that idea with a rocks style hilt man so many yet to build lol

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I was also thinking maybe some colored poly carbonate or something like that not alot of metal used on krypton, and the sith one will also have claws and maybe different pommel design

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
plus the color green has usually referenced something deadly to superman not a pure spectrum was once suggested

eastern57
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I like where you're going with that kryptonite idea - that's more what I was imagining

btw, there IS an edit button :)

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Here are a little more ideas and a more detail look at the sith one, I think I will end up changing the pommel in the sith model just because that one looks more Jedi to me, I had the same pommel on the superman saber but like the look of the crystal dock station miniture with the hilt. deffinitely going to have some custom LEDs throughout the hilt to accent different pieces.

DARTH KALEL
04-11-2008, 01:33 AM
without the wrap.

ArkaiHalon
04-11-2008, 04:37 AM
without the wrap. Looks REALLY good

Angelus Lupus
04-11-2008, 07:04 AM
btw, there IS an edit button :)

I'm glad someone else said this first, I was trying to decide if I should mention it.

Darth Tollo
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I have to agree, is looks sweet without the wrap.

DARTH KALEL
04-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah if I go with no Wrap then it will have to be a brass sink tube inner. The chrome just doesn't fit with the overall design. and remember the outer parts will be in some sort of high grade poly or some sort of metal, any suggestions on those I just found some really nice poly that will slide over sink tube, just got to figure out how to do the whole crystal look.

Sorry for the whole EDIT thing still new to the forum, didn't really think it was that big of a deal, not at least worth mentioning but sorry again.lol

Read my character story and see if that give's you any ideas to help me out with, as you will see I have a rough idea just trying to get it realized.

Here is also a MHS syle I have that I am thinking about doing as well.

eastern57
04-16-2008, 09:32 PM
wasn't the S-diamond a kryptonian thing? Jor-el had one, but that has the movie.

DARTH KALEL
04-17-2008, 02:58 AM
well it was to symbol thier family line, it actually means HOPE in kryptonian. they were the line of hope for the future of thier race. the house of EL

eastern57
04-17-2008, 07:52 PM
well it was to symbol thier family line, it actually means HOPE in kryptonian. they were the line of hope for the future of thier race. the house of EL

That's cool. As a nice blend of cultures, an inscription on "Hope" in aurabesh would be an appropriate touch.

DARTH KALEL
04-19-2008, 02:11 AM
this is my latest idea with some MHS parts I have will just have to order and have tim PC the hilt section, but let me know what you think, it will be running a p4 with no sound for now with some different yellow filters, really anxious to try a few i have, and also a quick question, has anybody seen any colored poly tubing in 1" and 1.5" thin walled. the red parts on the saber will be a clear red coat to just tint the polish on the alluminum part, and the yellow circle will be a hole drilled to create different vent on the emitter.

DaJoQuim
04-19-2008, 09:58 AM
wow great work so far on your sabers!!I like the saber without the wrap for sure.

DARTH KALEL
04-19-2008, 01:35 PM
yeah I like the idea of the inscriptions i'm going to do some in aurabesh and in kryptonian, and I found some clear poly tube that's thin walled and has a I.D. of 1.5" well it's colored clear I got one in blue and one in red, and then got a clear yellow 1" O.D. thick walled 36" long blade as well so that might work well with the p4.

I will make a stencil of the inscriptions and then dremel them into the polycard tubing. that's going to act as grips and shroud.

Darth Anubis
04-19-2008, 02:41 PM
nice

P.S.
your not a jedi because you weakness is the green crystal(krytonite????)

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 02:42 PM
But on his home planet that green crystal that is his weakness isent there weakness.

DARTH KALEL
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah but in everything other than the movies the crystal was a diamond shaped like his family symbol and was clear with a slight red blue changing glow, but after being on earth it absorbed the energy form the yellow sun and then glowed yellow. the only thing that was actually green was the shattered ore of krypton that infused with the radiation of the red sun of krypton. His crystals that were given him could adapt and mutate any material I.E. cortorsis, force crystals, durasteel, you name it, all it needs is moisture. My character story will tell more about this and my armor weapons, ships everything.

anubis; only on earth, in a far far galaxy away my powers aren't as strong but i don't have a weekness, only the dark side lol

Hasid Lafre
04-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Now that is one intresting cross over charater story. I would be pleased to read that.

DARTH KALEL
04-20-2008, 01:11 PM
I've got some of it posted and working on the rest. But the crystals play a big part as they can absorb any type of energy, force, radiation, and weapon energies.

The parts are ordered for the superman saber MHS body with poly overlay which i will have a pic posted as soon as it arrives, P4 will be driven at 1000mah with custom yellow filters, it's going to have the same design as the last pic but it will be all polished hilt with the poly overlay as color possibly with some LEDs under them as accents. if anybody has any ideas or comments let me know this should be done and posted by next weekend.

Here is a look at the MHS only parts in render

DARTH KALEL
04-24-2008, 08:04 PM
alright I got all the mhs stuff in just waiting on the P4 and my blade shoule be in tomorrow. I will have some unfinished pics of the hilt later tonight or tomorrow.

DARTH KALEL
05-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Here is the latest mods to the superman saber let me know what you think, the screw holding the symbol on will be gone once mounted. The rest of the hilt will be polished and then clear coated. Still waiting on the P4 hopefully tomorrow.lol.

I might do some more color on the lower grip areas as well but just playing around right now, and really like the way the colors are laying and looking.

DARTH KALEL
05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
well since the superman saber is done now, just waiting sound, i'm going to be starting on my sith superman saber, a little different as the emblems will be more along the lines of godfall series and it will be black and red. The next few themed sabers are in works as well.

sorry no spoilers yet, but when they are almost done I will have pics, there is something for everyone in these themed sabers.