PDA

View Full Version : Hey folks

Wolfman
04-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Hey folks.

I'm new to the saber building scene but certainly not new to the whole SW thing ;-)

I'm pretty excited to explore this site and learn the art of saber construction.

Regards

Wolfman
in Rainy Vancouver BC!

Moordak
04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey Wolfie. Welcome to the boards.

DARTH KALEL
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
What's up Wolf, welcome so what brought you here, other than saber building interests, characters you know the whole 9 yards.?

DarthFender
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
You hear him howling around your kitchen door,
You better not let him in.
Little old lady got mutilated late last night,
Werewolves of London again.
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo!
Ahhwooooo... Werewolves of London, Ahwooooo!

Welcome to the forums!

Wolfman
04-10-2008, 10:50 PM
What's up Wolf, welcome so what brought you here, other than saber building interests, characters you know the whole 9 yards.?

Hey guys.

Well, I've been a big SW fan since I was 15 and sitting in the theatre in 1977 watching Lucas' masterpiece for the first time. Yeah, I'm an 'old timer' ;-)

Anyway, after years of loving the films and years of being a guy who considers himself somewhat of a Jedi in real-life, I figured I'd get back into a bit more of the fandom I used to be into when I was a bit younger. Then I chanced upon NY Jedi's site and was blown away at how advanced the craft of saber building had become.

Since I am into swords and Iaido and such, I thought about the cross cultural applications between Katana and lightsaber and I thought: "MAN, I gotta get me a 'REAL' stunt grade lightsaber!!!" ;-)

And just looking at all the cool sabers on this site and a few others has practically made me short out my keyboard from excessive drooling ;-)

And so I'm hear...eager to learn.

Wolfman

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-10-2008, 11:09 PM
And just looking at all the cool sabers on this site and a few others has practically made me short out my keyboard from excessive drooling ;-)

Welcome!

A lot of us have the same problem. Tim should throw in a free plastic keyboard cover with everyone's first order.

DARTH KALEL
04-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Well great to have you here. I know just how you feel, this place is great, I learn so much everyday.

Drichar Deis
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I just nick one of my younglings bibs when the drooling gets too much!

Darth_DevilGuy
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
welcom:cool:

DDanDevious
04-15-2008, 10:57 AM
welcome!!

these guys build some crazy stuff dont they?

its both intimidating and inspiring.

good stuff!!

DDD!