PDA

View Full Version : Adding Anakin ROTS Board

thornwolf
04-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Since I finished my first MHS saber, I immediately felt it needed sound.

I am getting my hands on the guts on an Anakin ROTS this week and I had a quick question:

Since I am going to run the led from the board to start with, I was planning on adding a 4 aa battery led and mounting a premium speaker in the pommel in place of the MR battery pack.

Eventually I want to run 2 separate cicuits, and put the led through my 1000ma buckpuck, so does anyone have a link or suggestion for one switch that can run both circuits and fit the the standard MHS switch hole?

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 11:41 AM
The mr boards put out 100ma less than a 1amp puck, your not gonna notice it so just run it off the mr board.

thornwolf
04-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks,

If I have the original 3aa battery pack and speaker,is it worth upgrading to the 4 aa and premium speaker if I am running the led off the board?

Malaki Skywalker
04-10-2008, 12:20 PM
With my Ani, i used the Radio shack speaker which improves it, and as for the 4AA I'd say go for it ;)

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Well you wont be abel to use the mr battery pack, the onlyone that cna do that is the Maul.

But I would use a 4.8v pack of some sort. for space I would use a 4aaa pack.

thornwolf
04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys!

I really appreciate all the help and advice.

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Not a problem thats why where here.

Althou some have forgotten this.

thornwolf
04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I opened up the plastic module containing the sound card and disconnected the three pin connection going to the battery holder tab.

So Now I have the blue wires which are the switch, and a bundle with a red, black, and a brown. I'm assuming the red is bat + and the black is Bat - and the brown is for the speaker ground.

I'm assuming the red from the board and the speaker and the batt all get soldered together and the brown wire solders to the speaker negative. The black wire solders to the black on the batterey holder. Am I correct?

Moordak
04-10-2008, 09:21 PM
You are correct. The red from the board, the red from the speaker, and the + from the battery pack all go together. The other speaker wire connects to the brown from the board. The black wire from the board goes to the - from the battery pack. That's unless you're not going to use a rechargeable pack and a recharge port. The wiring is slightly different if you're using a recharge port.