PDA

View Full Version : Rgb

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey guys i'm looking at doing an RGB saber next but need to find out where to get the parts and maybe some diagrams on wiring. Nothing is that hard and i'm willing to do the research and trial and error to make it easier, so if anybody knows please let me know.

PM me or just respond on here

xwingband
04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Well... there are two options so far.

1) Is with an MR sound board. It uses the output of the board to run the LED. The way it's dimmed is by simply adding a pot (potentiometer). This really isn't ideal but it works well enough.

2) Is with a puck driver. The have built in dimming ability so you can buy a specific pot to put on the control wires and get full dimming. This is ideal because it's controlling the current more intelligently than just adding more resistance.

For LED's again there are two.

A) Pro-light, and there are a few out there that are extremely similar. This is three 1W LED's in one dome. It's weak next to the normal ones we use but it's the correct form and doesn't need any physical mods to work.

B) The "Endor" is an LED that mounts three separate Luxeon Rebels on a star base plate. It's much brighter than the 1W. That also means it has the potential to suck vast amounts of power in comparison. The real downside to this is optics... there isn't any. You have to hack and mod some to work. Even so it's still brighter than the Pro-light, but harder to work with.

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
thank you I was looking at the pro light one but now i'll look for the endor thank you xwing as always you are a great source for knowledge. LOL thanks man.

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 12:14 AM
I thought there were optics for the endor? or was it the rebel on pcb they had optics for?

I got confused about tht in the tri rebel topic.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-09-2008, 09:31 AM
if you want a prolight look around for an sw 616 joe jedi, it has the light an MR board to run it with both soundsets and a decent optic too.

DARTH KALEL
04-09-2008, 11:31 AM
really so that's what they used for that, thanks man that is great news as my local radio shack has 3 left in stock..... You just made my day, be back in 30 mins lol.

DarthFender
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Yet another happy customer, DDG!

DARTH KALEL
04-13-2008, 02:34 PM
well I got them, alot of parts and we will see how it goes shortly. a buddy of mine is replacing one of the kits with some higher powered LEDs so i'm going to have to figure out how to drive the thing. My buddy works with all sorts of LEDs all day long, he manages the lights at a local venue, and has been dying to get some high power into the RGBs.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I love the 616, it's given me an easy sound option thats cheaper than buying a good MR.

DARTH KALEL
04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
I totally hear you there, be able to get both jedi and sith sound it's great and not too hard to work with, I'm still waiting to get my CF 4 here soon lol but it will work for now.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-14-2008, 10:59 AM
the prolight the joe jedi comes with a prolight btw, i think moordak figured out a way to run two of the LED's on it, most people have been using a DPDT switch to run a double circuit for sound and light,