PDA

View Full Version : Joining a public group

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey guys just wondering how I can join some public groups I have a sith costume and I am looking at joining the brotherhood of the sith but i am in the works of making a Jedi warrior suit and would like to join a group. Any addvice or comments would be greatly appreciated. And if I can join two groups or not. Love both sides of the force, or if there is a group for users of the living force.

PM me if you know or have some great links.

Darth Leximus
04-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I too would be interested in joining said groups

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Me too!

But the odds of finding one in the UK are very slim.

Darth Leximus
04-24-2008, 02:23 PM
So come to America! Hopefully it wont be so bad after January of '09!

Drichar Deis
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Whys that? Jan 09?

Tom Starkiller
04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Me too!

But the odds of finding one in the UK are very slim.

I'm working on it dude... Shindig is a prilim meet up and shall end up being a UKJedi Annual Holiday. :P

Sethski
04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I guess coz that's when all the U.S. election stuff is done and decided - in January, I think?

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
public group, like nyjedi, rebel legion kinda thing?

Darth Leximus
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Yes thats when Bush goes bye bye and maybe we can start repairing our reputation with the world.

Sorry last time I'll get political

Darth_DevilGuy
04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
there are 6 billion people in the world, most of them hated us before bush, most of them will continue to hate us after we elect another unqualified moron.

Ghostbat
04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
I think in these cases it's the old Masonic mantra of "To be one, ask one" IE find someone in a group you want to join and let them know. Most groups, even the more picky ones, are generally looking for members and will be happy to tell you what is required to join. As a rule fans have web pages :) do a search for groups in your area and you will more likely than not find an email address.

DARTH KALEL
04-24-2008, 06:38 PM
thank you I was trying to do that but it doesn't seem like there are alot of groups that are international or national. I've looked at NYjedi and such but I want a group that goes beyond twirling videos and kids, no offense to anyone who is affiliated but there are a ton of immature kids and punks that represent your club all the time and are giving it a bad name. Here in denver we are going to be starting a force club dark and light with a mixed council and some grey jedis as well. It will be more of a group thing as far as events and film, stuff like that.

oh and amen devil, our pick this time around might be worse than the last one, I see a great trouble in our future, a political religeous thing, oh well but if you thought bush was bad wait for Hilary or Obama, a women, no offense, who doesn't know she's a woman and a black man who doesn't know he is black. lot's of confusion.

Hasid Lafre
04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I know on theforce.net they have a thing on there site to find groups in your area. thats how I found the omaha fan force.

DARTH KALEL
04-27-2008, 12:30 PM
thanks hasid I will try that, i've been trying the dark jedi brotherhood but it's not responding. hopefully I will find something on there.

Drichar Deis
04-28-2008, 01:28 AM
The Dark Jedi Brotherhood aint a roleplay unfortunatly, its a group for gameplay and stuff, you advance by sitting exams and stuff, it is interesting though!

Kant Lavar
04-28-2008, 03:24 AM
Speaking as a non-gaming member of the Brotherhood, I beg to differ. There's lots of RP activities - for example, we have a site devoted to short text-based battles called the Antei Combat Center, and my clan and another one just finished a rather lengthy RP story on the DJB's forums.

Drichar Deis
04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Fair dos!

Is just I dont have a connection worthy of internet gaming, and neither the time for the ACC, so the only way I advance is through the SA.

ThreeQuadFive
10-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Resurrecting an old thread.

While I emplore the major costuming groups on their keeping things cannon, there really should be some groups here and there for fun.

Screw it, I'm starting one of my own in northern MA.

samurai_rob
10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I would love to get into something like this, but there's nothing at all like this in my area. I would have to to something online. Around here, its all hunting, nascar, uk basket ball - and none of that has ever interested me. I'm the odd man out, around here. I would be screwed if not for the internet. I wouldn't have access to anything.:(