PDA

View Full Version : Parks Mara Jade

37H4N
04-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I was just at ParksSabers and they have a new addition! http://www.parksabers.com/jaded-deuce.html

I don't know how long this saber has been on the site, so if it's been there awhile and evrybody knows about it, I was the first to post it! Heehee.

The Jaded Deuce, is a realy good looking saber. Me and Dacota thought about saving up and getting us a parks saber but I don't know if we ever will. If we do though, I may take this one into cosideration. It would make a nice addition to an EU fan (like myself!:))

Dark Helmet
04-03-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah, that thing is cool, it's been there for a while, Kamurah made one too, it's in the mhs section of the gallery.... I'm a big fan of the EU myself, I'd like to see some of the other sabers like Saba Sebatyne's, Tahiri's etc, but there seems to be too few pics available beside the book covers.

Hasid Lafre
04-04-2008, 03:07 AM
I beleave kamurah has made the first led mara jade saber of that style.

I have looked at alot of saber pics and havent seen one, I seen led sabers of her other saber that shes got. the one thats more slim lined.

DACOTA
04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Yeah the led saber is sweet! I would love to build some of those replicas.

That Jaded saber is sweet! They did a nice job on that. I would get a parksaber but their really expensive for a saber thats el and has no blade or sound effects. I'm just going to save up money so I can build my General grievous saber.:D

Kant Lavar
04-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Mara Jade replicas?!:mrgreen:

Oh, her lightsaber, not... never mind. :oops:

DaJoQuim
04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Mara Jade replicas?!:mrgreen:

Oh, her lightsaber, not... never mind. :oops:

lmaf lol!!Good one whoooot!!

37H4N
04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
:lol: Haha good one Kant!

Dacota - What do you mean "no blades"? The blades are included with the price. So realy the saber would be around 230-ish with no blade. I wonder if it's possible to make a deal with the guy and just order the saber with no blade then just either order one for about 20 bucks less from tim or make one yourself. :rolleyes:

Hasid Lafre
04-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah his el blade prices are outragious, and its the el paper type which is the crap of crap for anything el.

DACOTA
04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
:lol: Haha good one Kant!

Dacota - What do you mean "no blades"? The blades are included with the price. So realy the saber would be around 230-ish with no blade. I wonder if it's possible to make a deal with the guy and just order the saber with no blade then just either order one for about 20 bucks less from tim or make one yourself. :rolleyes:

Ok lets see if you can actually use your reading skills. Its no wonder we have school, so that way we know how to read.:rolleyes: I know it sounds wierd but just read it again.

has no blade or sound effects.

Do you see a comma there?:rolleyes:
In other words it has no blade effects and has no sound effects.

Mi Gin Gonn
04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah his el blade prices are outragious, and its the el paper type which is the crap of crap for anything el.

actually, considering it's EL, it's just plain crap. EL is deader than Patrick Swazye is about to be

Dark Helmet
04-04-2008, 08:07 PM
actually, considering it's EL, it's just plain crap. EL is deader than Patrick Swazye is about to be
man, that's harsh, but i laughed anyway... all I got is a cheasy EL-vis joke....... but anyway, that indiglo tech was cool on watch faces circa 1989, but it's def overstayed it's welcome in the saber community.... it just sucks that such nice hilts are so useless for what most of us really want.

Hasid Lafre
04-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah. ok el is deader than yeah.

One thing that really annoys me is the el face gauges in cars. couldn't they come up ith something else?

Dark Helmet
04-05-2008, 12:31 AM
yeah really, but i would kill to get one of those bigass calculator watches.... el is struggling to get by, but some ppl still swear by it....sad, no bright blades... just dim but even... while we have blades that are bright, even, and attractive... like me...that's what grandma says anyway...

Hasid Lafre
04-05-2008, 12:35 AM
the reasion why people still use it is cause they dont want to deal with any eletronics or with any custom saber builders. I had an argument with a guy I think on the RL about it.

Dark Helmet
04-05-2008, 12:51 AM
yup, that and parks make a good looking saber, but if i want to spend the money, it damn well better be MY saber, not a production model anyone can buy...all of the noobs go for the flash, not what really makes it seem like it fits... it's like the emo of the saber world... do what seems cool at this moment, then abandon it all when thats cool...there's nothing more embarassing than showing up at a party in your sisters pants and someone else has the same pants and el saber as you do...

Barmic Rin
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Any brits that went to CE on Fri/Sat should have seen the Mara Jade there.
She had one of the 'older' edition of this hilt & I though it was kinda cool, if a little small for my hands.
Parks was supposed to have made the original hilt prop for the CCG pictures, but was made to sign a contract saying he didn't afterwards.

I'd still love to have it in my collection, but it'd be a pain to convert to Lux.

Hasid Lafre
04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah, jeff parks was the origional designer, I never heard about the whole contract thing.

I know it was origionally designed for the card game or somehting like that.

Barmic Rin
04-05-2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/enhancedjabbaspalace/dark/images/marajadeslightsaber.gif

Hasid Lafre
04-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Thats it, stupid have to have so many charaters to post.

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 12:47 PM
that's why I really like TCSS, parks stuff is cool but if your going to just buy a production saber then you might as well get a plastic one, save the money and regret when you actually see a custom piece on somebodies belt. I for one am following the legend of the Jedi/Sith and designing and building my own from many different things so It will show my personnallity and training. But they look good for stands lol

Barmic Rin
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I personally like the MJ hilt, but nothing catches the eye at a convention like a custom hilt!