PDA

View Full Version : going to wire my led into a vader 3AA master replicas sound board

morpheus1977
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I dont have a corbin (yet(saving up for it)) but for now I want to wire up my led into my MR sound board I tried the search function the only thing I could find is wiring up the corbin with the MR sound board. I also found this thread
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=1023 but its not very clear where you would wire up the LED. I would apritiate any help.
Like I said I want to wire a red led into a MR vader sound board.

Kasri Deodene
04-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Looking at the link you posted it's fairly simple.

The positive to the LED is the single as marked, i think the colours are standard so should be the same as in the picture.

The negative from the LED is all the wires marked twisted together then attaached to the negative lead from the LED.

Make sure you heat wrap the connections once soldered.

It's not the best solution to drive your LED, but it's easier than using something else.

For power go with at most 4AA or 4AAA, you might get the magic smoke if you use more (not sure on the maximums on most boards, still new here myself).

morpheus1977
04-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Looking at the link you posted it's fairly simple.

The positive to the LED is the single as marked, i think the colours are standard so should be the same as in the picture.

The negative from the LED is all the wires marked twisted together then attaached to the negative lead from the LED.

Make sure you heat wrap the connections once soldered.

It's not the best solution to drive your LED, but it's easier than using something else.

For power go with at most 4AA or 4AAA, you might get the magic smoke if you use more (not sure on the maximums on most boards, still new here myself).

I saw that but did you see what it said at the bottom
"You do not need to use the LED output of the board. If you do use the output the LED may be ran at too high or too low of amperage"
that is whats throwing me off.... If I donnt use the LED output of the board how do I wire it then...

Kasri Deodene
04-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I see your question now.

Easisest way is to power the LED from either a resistor or buckpuck.

There are LED drivers around with a thread by Marsupial somewhere who is designing a board that will drive the LED and work with an MR sound board.

Haven't used a resistor/buckpuck yet on a set up, and i'm confusing myself more as i think on how it should be set up. Only just putting my first saber together :)

EDIT: Powering the LED through the sound board doesn't make alot of difference, as that's the way all the conversion kits for the MR sabers work.

morpheus1977
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
well I was going to get a corbin driver but Tim does not have the latching version any more. (dont know if he is getting any more in or not) and that is the one you need to use with the MR FX boards...
I currently use the LED with a resistor so I am just trying to figure this out.
Sorry but when it comes to wiring for me its like the blind leading the blind...

Hasid Lafre
04-03-2008, 09:26 PM
latching corbin for mr board
momentary for hasbro board

The pic in the link is for a luke and is nothign like the vader board. to wire a vader mr board to the led refer to the conversion wiring diagrams.

I posted corbin diagrams in teh wiring forums.